chapter twenty two.

-chapter twenty two-

"So, uh, what made you become a tattoo artist?" Taehyung asked, sipping on his coffee as he looked at the younger. "You've been working there for a while now, right?"

"Yeah... I've been friends with Yoongi hyung for a long time. He, uh, introduced me to Namjoon hyung four years ago." Jeongguk mumbled, not looking up from his milkshake as he played with the straw. "Just after my dad kicked me out."

"Ah." Taehyung's lips twitch downwards. "Sorry about your dad-"

"Don't be, it's okay." Jeongguk smiled a little as he finally looked up, meeting the elder's gaze. "To be honest, Namjoon hyung's more like a father to me in a way... He's taken care of me since we met." He explained. "I-I care about him alot."

"That's nice," Taehyung smiled too, endeared by the younger man's relaxed expression. Jeongguk wasn't tense; he wasn't scowling. He was relaxed and calm -gentle, almost. "Namjoon Hyung is really nice, I can see how he takes care of you."

"So what about you?" Jeongguk found the courage to ask, looking back down at his milkshake. "H-How did hyung find you?"

"I was drawing in my brother's Cafe." Taehyung smiled to himself, thinking back to his friends in the cafe. He made a mental note to visit his brother soon, for he missed Soonin and Yeonjun's bickering, Jimin chasing them around the cafe. "He complimented my work and offered me a work placement."

"He did say you were talented." Jeomgguk mumbled, finishing the rest of his drink. He leaned back in his seat and licked over his bottom lip as he thought of what to say next. "Could... Could you show me some of your work one day?"

"Really?" Taehyung's lips formed a wide, warm smile as he put his how empty mug down on the table. "I'd love to. But only if you show me yours... deal?" He lifted his pinky, wiggling the finger suggestively. "I know you spend your spare time at the studio sketching in that book of yours."

"You're a child." Jeongguk rolled his eyes, but couldn't help the tiny smile that threatened to creep upon his lips. He sighed, lifting his own pinky to link it when Taehyung's. "But fine. Deal."

With that, the two men finished their drinks and left the cafe. By the time they stepped into the streets of Seoul once again, it was dark, about 10pm. Taehyung grabbed Jeongguk's hand and tugged the younger man close to his side.

Jeongguk flinched heavily, but was quick to relax into the blue haired man's side as they walked. It was warm out, it being late August. Taehyung yawned, and looked at the young with a tired smile. "Nice date?"

Jeongguk's cheeks flushed and he looked away, stubbornly. After a moment, he nodded. "Yeah," It was a nice date. They had nice drinks and tasty treats, talking for hours. It was nice. "Thank you, hyung."

Taehyung couldn't help but grin when the honorific slipped from Jeongguk's lips. He swung their hands in between them as they walked, Jeongguk's tattoos a nice contrast to Taehyung's clear tanned forearm. "So... Are you heading back to your place?" He asked, looking at him. "I don't mind your company if... if you want to stay. we can head to work together in the morning."

"If you're sure..." Jeongguk looked up at the blue haired man and nodded, smiling bashfully. "I'd like that."

-