chapter nineteen.

-chapter nineteen-

It was His lunch break when Jeongguk slipped outside for a cigarette. He'd already completed two appointments, and was now just waiting for his third to show up.

Since he was now hired, Taehyung had his own studio, just next door to Jeongguk's. Infact, The blueberry had already done his first appointment; the customer wanting a large grey-scale back Piece.

In fact, it was-

"Hey you, you okay?"

Flinching, Jeongguk looked up. With his cigarette hanging loosely between two fingers, he shrugged lamely -briefly sparing a glance at Yoongi, who leaned on the wall beside him. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You and Taehyung are awfully close all of a sudden." Yoongi replied, shrugging as he fished his own pack of cigs from his jacket pocket. "Anything you wanna tell me?"

Jeongguk side-eyed his hyung, silently lifting his cigarette to his lips, taking an inhale of the toxic smoke with a sigh as he exhaled after a moment of thinking. "I- we're dating."

"You're what?" Yoongi nearly choked, coughing a little before chuckling. "Ah, seems about right. Are you happy?"

Jeongguk shrugged. "I'm not sure."

"Gguk-"

"I haven't been happy in a long time." Jungkook frowned, flicking the ash from the end of his cig. "You know that. I think I just need time to feel it again. And with Taehyung... it's... it's too early to tell."

"And there's nothing wrong with that." Yoongi soothed, lighting his own cigarette, cupping his hand to protect the flame from the wind as he looked up at him. "Just make sure to put in the effort. I trust Taehyung with you. You need to trust him too. Try to open up a little more."

Jeongguk stayed quiet.

Yoongi was right.

How did he expect to be happy when he himself didn't even try to be? He couldn't just rely on Taehyung to give him the happiness he was promised.

He had to give it to himself, too.

It went both ways.

Stubbing his cig out on the wall, he flicked the butt away and stood up straight, digging his hands deep into the pockets of his sweatpants. "You're... right. Thanks hyung."

Yoongi watched, surprised as Jeongguk gave him a small smile before slipping back inside the building. "Uh, you're welcome?"

-

That same night, Taehyung was reading a book on the couch, half paying attention to the movie on the TV, when his doorbell rang. He sighed, putting his book down, before getting up to answer the door.

He unlocked it and pulled it open, chuckling. "Jimin, You know you don't have to-" he looked up and his words came to a halt. "oh, hey Jeongguk." He stepped aside, letting the younger man in. "What brings you-"

"I wanted to see you." Jeongguk mumbled, hesitantly as he looked at his feet. "Can I, um, Come in?"

"Of course." Taehyung gently grabbed the younger's wrist, tugging him inside so he could close the door behind them. "Are you okay? It's cold outside."

Jeongguk nodded softly, kicking his shoes off and hanging his coat up. "Yeah..."

Taehyung gently grabbed his hand and lead him into the living room. Jeongguk followed timidly, smiling when Yeontan rushed to greet him as he passed the threshold. "Hey Tannie," The Ravenette whispered, leaning down to caress the puppy's fur. He let the pup lick at his hands and arms, unable to hold back a soft laugh.

Endeared, Taehyung smiled at the scene and sat back on the couch. "Come here, Gguk-ah," He patted the space beside him, and Jeongguk hesitantly sat down beside him, flinching when Taehyung pulled him into an embrace -one hand in his hair and the other around his waist. "You're welcome here whenever you want to come over."

"Okay." The younger gulped, slowly relaxing into the blueberry's arms. He sighed softly as Taehyung's fingers scratched his scalp soothingly, the hand around his waist rubbing softly on his skin. "Hey Hyung?"

"Hm?"

"I wanna make this work." The younger looked up at the elder, brows creasing slightly. "W-With you."

Taehyung bit his bottom lip to hide his wide smile as he tightened his grip on the boy. "So do I.. Is this why you're here?"

Jeongguk slowly nodded, unsure as he hid his face in Taehyung's side. "I-I want to get to know you hyung."

----

Sorry for the shorter chapter :(

-TaesThickThighs