chapter twenty three.

-chapter twenty three-

"Look who's finally remembered me!" Jin scolded, shaking a can of whipped cream with his left hand while his right sat on his hip. "Kim Taehyung, what have you got to say for yourself, huh?"

"Hey hyung," Taehyung grinned, sheepishly as he lead Jeongguk into the cafe, handing holding the younger man's. "We, uh, just came to get a coffee before work."

"Right," Seokjin narrowed his eyes, putting the can of cream down. "Well what do you want? You getting some for the others too? Namjoon called ahead, said you'd be stopping by."

Jeongguk snorted, only to clear his throat when Taehyung swatted his hip scoldingly. "Yes hyung. Namjoon and Yoongi hyungs like anyhing with caramel, and Hobi hyung likes vanilla lattes."

"So... you and Namjoon hyung?" Taehyung grinned, leaning against the counter as he watched the elder begin to prepare the drinks. "How's that turning out?"

Jin froze, a blush covering his cheeks. He cleared his throat, focusing on what he was doing. "We're dating. We have been since the night at the club."

"That long?" Taehyung's eyes widen. How did he not know? "Well congratulations." He looked around, looking for a certain blonde. "Have you seen Jimin? I haven't seen him for a couple weeks-"

"He's with his parents." Jin snorted with a wave of his hand. "Told me in advance. His mom wants him to help her plant some more flowers, and he'll stop by your place later."

Taehyung nodded with a soft sigh. "How much are-"

"On the house." Jin smiled, putting the 5 drinks in a cardboard cup-holder. "On the condition that you cover Soobin's shift tommorow?" The elder rose a brow, smiling awkwardly. "Unless you're working-"

"I'll be here." Taehyung grinned at his brother, grabbing the drinks before grabbing Jeongguk's hand in his free one. "It was nice seeing you, hyung!"

Seokjin waved, before disappearing into the cafe's kitchen. "You'd better be here tommorow!"

Taehyung handed Jeongguk his coffee and the two walked towards the cafe doors, the little bell chiming when they left. Stepping out onto the street, Jeongguk looked up at his boyfriend with a frown.

"hyung?"

"Yeah?" The bluenette looked down at the ravenette and smiled. "What's up?"

"Am I... am I keeping you from your friends?" The younger man looked down, squeezing the older's hand as they walked. "Y-You said you haven't seen Jimin since-"

"Hey, where'd you get that idea?" Taehyung looked at him, frowning at the troubled look on Jeongguk's face. "Baby?"

"I just thought..." the younger gulped, looking up with a frown. "I-I know I've been clingy recently, but I didn't mean to keep your attention away from your friends and hyung... I've just became a little attached after everything and-"

"Jeongguk, that's not it at all." Taehyung sighed, stopping by the street crossing. He pressed the button and turned to look at the younger. "I'm happy you're clingy. I'm glad that you're getting so comfortable with me, especially with how we met. Jiminie and I just haven't had time to meet up. We've been texting and calling eachother all the time... don't feel guilty."

Jeongguk looked unconvinced, but nodded stiffly as he waited for the traffic light to turn red. Taehyung couldn't help but smile softly as he looked at the younger man beside him.

The breeze was gentle that morning, only just slightly ruffling Jeongguk's dark hair and he just looked... beautiful under the morning sun. The bluenette couldn't resist pressing a soft kiss to the side of Jeongguk's head; gently tugging the younger man's hand when the crossing light beeped for them to cross.

Jeongguk's lips formed a soft smile, and he squeezed Taehyung's hand in his own as they walked down the street to the tattoo parlour.

Sunwoo and Taehyung were completely different.

-

"So.. should I be concerned?" Jeongguk asked, eyes narrowed as he lingered in the doorway, watching Taehyung prepare his own studio for his second client of the day. "You didn't tell me he's your ex.. why don't you ask Namjoon hyung to switch clients?"

"Why would I do that?" Taehyung looked up, snorting as he flashed the grumpy-looking man a smile. "I'm professional, baby." His smile faltered a little. "And I have no desire to rekindle anything if that's what you're worried about. I haven't spoke to him since-"

"No, it's just..." Jeongguk rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "You were with him before me. What if he's-"

"You're so cute." Taehyung chuckled, putting his fresh pair of latex gloves down on the set-up table. "It's just a one session, small, hip tattoo." He walked around the set up and grabbed his boyfriend's hands in his own. "Nothing that requires any unnecessary touches, not a big deal, okay? Don't you trust your Blueberry?"

"I do." Jeongguk sighed, letting the blue haired male pull him into an embrace. "I have no reason as to not trusting you. It's just... the fact that you used to date him and now you're the one who'll be giving him a tattoo."

"Do you want me to swap clients?" Taehyung asked, pulling away to look down at the other. Jeongguk came across as an unbothered, uncaring asshole to most people. But, Taehyung had gotten to know him, got to see his smile and shyness. He knew that Jeon Jeongguk was a big soft baby in reality, who needed reassurance. He hid behind his cold facade to protect the softness underneath. "Because I will if you're not comfortable with this."

"You shouldn't have to swap clients." Jeongguk grumbled, eyes closing when soft lips planted themselves on his neck in a gentle peck. "I'm just jealous, It's just a tattoo."

"You didn't answer my question, silly." Taehyung smiled softly against the warm skin of Jeongguk's skin. He lifted his head to cup the ravenette's cheeks with both of his hands to make the man look at him. "I didn't ask if you're jealous, I asked if you want me to swap clients. I understand if you're not happy with me tatting my ex, baby. We've just started dating, I'll understand."

Jeongguk just stared at him. "No, it's okay. But..."

"But?"

"...Can I stay in here?"

"So cute." Taehyung grinned widely at that, his lips forming a big boxy smile as he leaned in to press a peck against the younger's lips. "Of course you can. But check with Namjoon hyung first okay? I know some clients aren't comfortable with sit-ins."

"Okay." Jeongguk mumbled, his words incoherent, but he returned the peck to Taehyung's lips before pulling himself away.

Taehyung watched, amused, as the leather-clad ravenette stomped out of the room. He could just see the tiny pout on his boyfriend's lips, and he shook his head with a fond smile.

God, was this really the same Jeon Jeongguk that insulted him daily, hated him just weeks ago?

----

I think i made gguk's character development start too soon? Meh, it's too late to change it.

What do you guys like about this book? 👀

-TaesThickThighs