chapter twenty nine.

-chapter twenty nine-

Jeongguk had been gone for a month.

With still no word or contact, Taehyung was starting to think that he was gone for good, which broke his heart to think about. Wherever he was and whatever he was doing, he just hoped that Jeongguk was doing well, that he was taking care of himself. That he was happy.

He was slowly starting to accept that maybe when Jeongguk had left, he had no intention of coming back to him, and as much as it hurt, he needed to try to move on from his grief. He couldn't stay nimble and wait for someone who isn't coming back.

And in order to move on, he'd let His brother set him up on a couple of blind dates.

And the men that Seokjin had picked out were cute, but none of them were right. Taehyung enjoyed the dates, but they never went anywhere beyond a dinner. The men he was introduced to were all sweet, very polite. They were the complete opposite of Jeongguk who was snarky and grumpy.

That is what Taehyung loved about Jeongguk.

Unable to do it, Taehyung had finally said no to anymore dates, because he knew that deep down, he only wanted Jeongguk. He didn't want anyone else.

Infact, He was starting to feel pathetic, waiting around for someone who cheated on and left him, but he refused to lose hope completely, though. Because what if everyone was wrong?

What if the younger had gone to get help? What if he went to rehab or something to get better? He didn't want to date someone else if there was even the slightest chance that Jeongguk was trying to change for him.

But what he didn't know, is that Yoongi of all people had lied to him. Yoongi Knew where Jeongguk was, and what he was doing. He knew all along, but Jeongguk had made him promise that he wouldn't tell anyone, and he refused to break a promise no matter what. Jeongguk trusted him.

And Yoongi knew that Jeongguk was, in fact, coming back.

Taehyung just had to wait a little longer.

"Hey Tae, what're doing?" Namjoon asked curiously, sitting beside the ravenette as he looked down at Jeongguk's design book. "Is that... oh, he left it here?"

"It was in his apartment." Taehyung mumbled, gently turning over the page, and smiling fondly as he looked at the drawing of the planets. "I took it back when I cleaned his place up." It was the same one Taehyung had also drawn, months ago. "On our first date, he promised to show me his sketches but, uh, things happened before he could."

Namjoon stayed quiet, frowning. "He was happy with you. The happiest I've seen him... I'm sorry things ended the way they did." He pat the younger's shoulders. "We all miss him."

"Me too." Taehyung bit down on his bottom lip, gently brushing his thumb over the sketch of the moon. "But I hope that he's happy even now, wherever he is. I have no negative feelings towards him, hyung... I just hope he's safe. I hope he's not alone."

"You're strong, Tae-ah." Namjoon smiled softly, pride filling him. "Even after what he did, you still care about him so fiercely. Why is that?"

"I love him." Taehyung answered immediately, turning the page of the sketchbook to reveal a new sketch. "And I forgave him a long time ago." His shoulder's slumped. "I just wish he didn't run away. We could have talked and cleared the air or something.. he didn't have to leave. You should have seen the state his apartment was in, hyung.."

"I can call his mother again, see if she's heard anything." Namjoon offered, standing up. "I know It's not much, but It's all I can do-"

"Thanks hyung." Taehyung looked up with a soft smile. "Please let me know what she says."

-

"So, your first tattoo, huh?" Yoongi chuckled, carefully applying the stencil to the ravenette's ribcage. "But You're sure you want this one? This is the one that-

"Yeah." Taehyung looked down at the stencil and nodded. "I want that one."

Yoongi hummed, carefully working. "Jeongguk drew this one for you, you know." He muttered, looking up briefly. "He wanted to do it on you himself."

"I know." Taehyung mumbled, closing his eyes. "Hey Hyung, do you think I'm pathetic? For waiting and hoping like this? Even after what he did? Look at me, still moping. I'm even getting his tattoo-"

"Love turns you into a fool." Yoongi muttered, shaking his head as he picked up the ink gun. "You two were inseparable, Kid. It's only natural for you to be holding out like this. He'll come back one day, and Maybe then you can forgive him. I know he loved you. His mental health is just..."

"You really think he'll come back?" Taehyung asked, doubtfully. "Every night, I've been hoping for his return the next day. But It's been a month, hyung. What if he's gone for good?"

"He'll come back." Yoongi bit his tongue. He couldn't tell Taehyung the truth, because he made a promise. But, He couldn't just sit here and watch Taehyung slowly fall apart while waiting for him. "I promise."

"How can you be so sure?" The ravenette sighed. "I feel like a loser."

"Have I been wrong about anything?" Yoongi asked, raising a brow as he began the tattoo. "Trust hyung, Tae. He'll come back."

and as much as Taehyung wanted to keep his hope and faith, he just wasn't so sure anymore.

He didn't know how long he could keep waiting.

----

When Taehyung loves someone, he loves them fiercely.

As for Jeongguk, how do you guys think he's doing?

-TaesThickThighs