Chapter 5

Victor approached her boldly and wrapped her in his arms. She tried to wiggle out of his grasp but he wouldn’t budge. “Faith, why do you insist on denying your feelings for me? We could be so happy together.” Oh spirits help me! This man is insufferable!

“Leave me alone! What will it take for you to understand? Patience would be more then happy to…”

“I don’t want Patience. I want you.” Victor interrupted her. Faith shook her head at that. He had been showering Patience with attention all week long and whenever her back was turned he would try to woo Faith. How stupid does he think I am?

“Do you honestly expect me to believe that? I do not want you. How do I prove it?” Faith finally broke free from him and started toward the dark shelter offered by the forest. Please don’t follow me!

“Faith, where do you think you are going? Stay away from the forest!” Victor’s voice rumbled through the air. Irritation swept through her.

“I can take care of myself! I have asked you to stop following me! So if anything happens to you it is not my fault!” Faith screamed back to him. She couldn’t stand it, couldn’t stand him, for another moment. She increased her speed, trying to lose him. Storming into the trees she headed to her spot, the place she met Adam. Footsteps followed close behind. “Victor, don’t even start. I am sick of it.”

“I don’t believe you. I don’t take no for an answer Faith.” He walked up to her. Will he never give up?!? He reached out for her and she slapped his hand away.  A smirk took over his face as he reached out for her once again. Faith let out a frustrated sigh and walked away from him. “Don’t walk away from me Faith!” Victor grabbed onto her arm and swung her around.

“DO NOT TOUCH ME!!!” Faith finally snapped. She wrenched her arm back and stumbled over a fallen branch on the mossy ground. Falling over, she felt pain seer through her skull as her head slammed on the rocks. Her vision blurred slightly and blackness swarmed around her. Before it took her though, she heard a ferocious growl tore through the air.

Being shut up in the castle was driving Adam crazy. He couldn’t breathe. He needed to get out. That is when he felt it; there were people in his forest. He could sense them the moment the stepped into the shadows of the trees. He immediately set off toward the trespassers. He was in no mood to deal with any of the villagers’ games.  They know better then to step foot in here, he grumbled to himself.  Approaching the place the intruders had stopped Adam realized where he was going. Faith’s place. She’s here. But who is with her? A low growl rumbled through his chest when a man came into view. Victor. He was a hunter, continually coming onto his territory and destroying his domain. The number of times Adam had to chase him away was too much to count.

“Victor, don’t even start. I am sick of it.” Faith’s sugary voice was laced with aggravation. Adam wasn’t sure of what was going on but he did know that if Victor didn’t leave Faith be he was going to pay.

“I don’t believe you. I don’t take no for an answer Faith.” He walked up to her and reached out for her. An irrational anger swept through Adam at the thought of that lowlife touching her. A wave of relief swept over Adam when Faith ignored his advances and began to walk away. “Don’t walk away from me Faith!” Victor’s voice echoed around them as he grabbed onto her arm and swung her around. A red fury engulfed Adam. It took everything in him to hold himself back from throwing that scoundrel through the trees.

But he couldn’t do that. Faith would be forever scared of him, of the forest. He would never be able to be close to her again. That was the only thing keeping him back, until he saw her fall. Her head hit the rocks and a spot of red appeared contrasting to her light brown locks. That ruptured his resolve. His roar shook the trees themselves. Victor spun around and his eyes widened as they came to rest on Adam.

“The Beast.” His voice came out in a whisper as Adam snarled again. Adam charged Victor and seized him up before he could get away. A crack was heard from Victor’s arm. Unfortunately, before he could inflict any real damage, Faith let out a small moan and Adam’s attention shifted to her. Her eyes were closed and her head was surrounded by a deep red puddle.

“GET OUT OF MY FOREST! NEVER COME BACK!!” Adam’s voice was drenched in venom and rage. Victor couldn’t do anything but nod. Adam could see the pain in his arm was becoming to be too much.  Releasing him after Faith let out another soft sound, Adam rushed to her side. He didn’t need to look to know Victor had fled as fast as he was able. And he just left her here with a beast, Adam scoffed. Gently picking her up, he swiftly made for his castle.

She was delighted. Finally. Maybe things will work out at last. She watched as Adam took Faith to his palace to help her.

“You had nothing to do with that, did you?” A reproachful voice sounded from behind her. She slowly turned to face a stern look.

“I will have you know that I did not do one thing. That took place because the spirits are finally taking pity on Adam and choose to act themselves. However, I will not deny that I am thrilled with the new development,” she responded with a smile spread wide.

Not much but I'll update soon. Please Comment and Vote!! And thank you to my wonderful fans!