Chapter 6

Lenora knew by the look in Adam’s eyes who this was. His eyes shined humanity and worry for the first time since he was changed. At night his eyes were a bottomless gray but as a beast they were always a pure black, except when her spoke of Faith. Lenora knew Faith would somehow be his salvation, the one to teach him love. She had tried her best when she was raising him but he constantly found ways to push everyone away. The king focused all the attention he had on ruling and Adam was left to watch and learn. He has forever resented that. Shaking those thoughts away she turned her attention to the beautiful lady lying on the bed. Her pale green dress had dirt over it and her long light brown curls were tangled. There was plenty of blood and she would definitely need a few stitches. Lenora quickly flew around cleaning the girl up and making her comfortable. She will be in for quite a shock when she wakes up. Never before has she seen the likes of Adam or any other creature in this palace for that matter. I only hope he does not frighten her away too soon.

“So I see the rumors are true then. The little lordling has brought home a lost puppy.” Gus chuckled from behind her. Lenora gave him a chastising look before replying.

“Now Gus, be nice. The master is fond of her and she is injured. Where did you hear that anyway?”

“Charles can not keep quiet for the life of him.” Gus was a portly dwarf. He was only three feet tall but could command the respect of an entire room of giants if need be. He was not as carefree as Charles but knew how to keep the place running smoothly, even to the master’s satisfaction. Out of the three of them, Charles, Lenora, and Gus, he was the voice of reason.

“Shall I fetch the lady a new dress? Seems hers is a bit tattered.  I guess the master is not as fond of her as you think, or maybe the fact that she is still alive shows his adoration for her,” a voice drawled from the doorway as Charles wandered into the room.

“CHARLES! Do not speak that way! Adam did NOT do this to her. I may not know all the specifics but I can assure you that much at least. If he heard you say that, you would not be so fortunate as to be a living testament of his adoration,” Lenora huffed. Charles may be close to Adam but he is also one of the first to speak out against him. The only reason the master hasn’t lost his temper with him is because he can sweet talk his way out of anything, even in regard to the master. Charles flashed a dazzling smile at her. His sharp features contrasted with the sheepish look her was trying to give her.

“You are right. I speak out of turn. But I will say I see the attraction. She is a beauty. Nothing to my Jasmine of course, but beautiful.” Jasmine was Charles love, the only woman able to tame his restless, a wood nymph that worked in the gardens.

Shaking her head Lenora shooed the men out and called for some of the maids to help her dressing Faith. After her head was wrapped and they had changed her gown they left her to rest.

Adam waited for an hour before he couldn’t stand it anymore and went to check on Faith. Lenora had cleaned her up and dressed her in light blue satin. Her light brown hair was combed out and it fanned out across the pillow, looking like a halo surrounding her. Her face was slightly pale but she looked peaceful. Adam wished he could share in that peace. He quietly walked closer to the bed but stayed hidden in the darkest shadows, just in case she woke up. He dreaded her reaction to seeing him but he didn’t think he had it in him to let her go now that he finally had her here, with him. Adam heard slight footsteps, drawing his gaze to the door. Charles stepped in and looked between them.

“What will happen will happen. You never know, maybe she will surprise you.” He always can tell what Adam is thinking. But Adam didn’t have so much hope.

“There are only two ways she could possible react, fear and terror or loathing and repulsion. Either one, I will never be able to earn her acceptance. But how can I let her go?” Adam’s voice was desolate. “For ten years I have watched over her and dreamed of her being mine. There is no way I am letting her go now; I don’t care what she thinks about it,” he continued, his voice turning hard.

“Pardon me sire but I don’t think you have it in you to keep her prisoner here, even you have your limits and she is it.” Charles’ eyes were piercing, anyone else would have shrunk back but it just irked Adam. He glowered back until Charles looked away and stepped back. “Umm Gus was wondering if he should make up a room for her to stay in. He thought this room was a little… gloomy,” He said looking around the blank room. No one stayed in the second floor rooms and most of them felt stuffy and bare. If she is going to stay here then she will need a more welcoming room. Adam nodded and dismissed him with a wave of his hand.

The sun was going down and Adam was shifting into his human form again. He didn’t want to part from Faith and she still hadn’t woken up. It had been about two hours since Charles had come by. As Adam was about to give up and leave Faith stirred. “Where am I? What happened?”

“You are safe.” That was all Adam could say before he slipped out. She must not have seen me.

 OK So since Faith is still out I replaced her POV with Madam Lenora's. I am going to clear up some of the mysterious woman's POV soon (not all of it. I have a surprise planned) but first I want to know what you guys think. who is the other woman with her? What are they doing watching over Faith and Adam? PLease give me your feed back! comments and votes are appreciated to