Chapter 17

HEy!!! SOrry it has been so long!! this isn't a very long chapter nor is it too interesting. Next one will be promise!!

Later on the night of their ‘date’

Adam was overjoyed. Faith wanted to stay with him! She had been glowing in her dress and her eyes had shone with happiness, a happiness that Adam wanted to keep there forever. Once Faith had left he had become human again but he, for the first time ever, hated this form. It only reminded him of his deception every time he refused to tell Faith who he was. But if I were to tell her… what would she think of me? Would she be happy? Or scared to know I have been so close to her for so long? She has been haunted by the Beast…

No. She asked me to stay when she knew me as Adam and she wants to stay with me as Lewis. What could go wrong as long as she cares for us both? Uncertainty ate at him. He wanted nothing more then to tell her but he was scared, scared of what she would think, what she would not say, and scared that she would distance herself from him when she learned the truth.

“What is troubling you, Sire?” Gus inquired gently as he gathered up the candles on the terrace.

“I do not know what to do,” was all he said.

“Do you mean telling Faith the truth about who you are?” He asked. Adam nodded. “If I may say sir, she has made her feelings for you clear. She will not care.” With that Gus left.

Sighing, Adam stood and went for a walk around the surrounding woods. The trees relaxed him, gave him room to breath, gave him a chance to forget. The darkness loomed all around. The slight illumination given off by the moon could not penetrate the cover of foliage. The peace that settled Adam, however, was soon gone and in its place was a cold forbidding. The hunters were back in his forest.

Will they not leave me alone for one day?!?! They never enter my forest till the snow has been gone a month’s time. Why are they here so early this year? Adam knew the answer but refused to acknowledge it. Faith was the reason. They searched for her. Adam would normally have chased them away before now but his fear of Faith’s disapproval kept him from acting out… well for the most part. The other day he had frightened a man away when he had gotten too close to the palace. The giants were ultimately only for show. They were not to be seen. Though, lately, Faith had given them plenty to do. Running around as she did kept them on there toes.

One giant came up at that moment and went down on one knee, bowing his head. (Most would think giants are ugly brutes but in reality they look the same as they did before the curse. They were only tripled in size. However, they lost most of their ability to speak, which is one of those little quirks no one understood.) Adam turned to the giant and motioned for him to show the way for it was clear to Adam that something was wrong. No one, with the exception of Lenora, Charles, and Gus, bothered him when he was human.

Once they arrived where he was needed, Adam realized the problem. A man had come upon the castle gates. He looked as if he had been attacked by a pack of wild animals. He looked up at Adam but the shadow cover kept him hidden.

“Faith…” was the only word he got out before unconsciousness took him from them. Adam went rigid. What does he want with Faith…? If the hunters had found the castle, Adam did not know what would happen.

“Take him inside.” He commanded. One of the giants picked him up and carried him away.  Letting out a sigh, Adam followed.

“My King? What is going on? What happened?” Adam looked over to see Lenora and Gus.

“It is nothing Madam Lenora. Fetch Charles will you? This man will need tending to.” Adam walked past and into the kitchen. He did not want to answer their questions, for he did not know the answers. What was he to do with this invader?

Jasmine drifted over to him with a cup of steaming tea and placed it before him. Looking out the window Adam realized there were a few hours left till sun rise. He was exhausted but he did not want to sleep. He needed to deal with this man before Faith awoke. He was meant to take her to the town in the morning but he would not be able to if the hunters were this close.

“Can I get you anything else sir?” Jasmine’s melodic voice broke him out of his haze.

“No, but you can help Charles with the hunter.” He dismissed her but she did not leave.

“Hunter, sir? What hunter?” Adam did not answer, merely waved her away.

Martin has been gone for two days now and Victor would have been overjoyed if not for a certain woman and her husband lurking everywhere he went. He could not even cross the street or go into the bar anymore without gossip spreading. The episode with Melanie’s husband had been told to everyone and, though the fiasco with Melanie had been long forgotten, it was beginning to resurface. People were starting to remember the danger Victor posed to their daughter. Victor had never before been such the outcaste. And it is all her fault! The memory of what happened five years ago has not left Victor’s mind since he saw Melanie again. 

Ok so next chapter will be of Melanie's and Victor's story! I don't know who's POV i should write it in though... Melanie or Victor? and i will also Write in Martin's POV so you all know exactly what happened to him. I just didn't have it in me to have the Beast attack him...