Chapter 15

ok SORRY!!! i am back and this is a long chapter and LOTS happens. i really hope this makes up for my MIA!! lol ok really really want feed back on this chapter!!! this is the ONE that i need any and all input you have!! I'm really excited!! I have not edited it though so if there are any mistakes please do tell!!! :D ok here it is!! oh and the song!! yes it is "Tale As Old As Time" but it has to be a part of the story cause it is an epic song!!!! and i love the dress (The pic on the side)!!!!  

oh and preveiw is that Adam had a suprise for Faith and Patience was going through a bit of an attitude change!  and this is the Dame Magique POV:

“You will leave Patience alone. Am I clear? I will not tolerate anymore of your insubordinate behavior!” The Dame Magique had no choice but to bow her head in submission and agree to the orders of the Femme. Please Patience, do not be so blind.

ok now on to the exciting part!!!! YAY!!!!

Faith woke up to the sun drifting on the horizon. The vibrant oranges and pinks of the sunset splayed across the room, illuminating her chambers and accentuating the colorful surprise awaiting Faith. Across from the bed, laid out across her over-stuffed chair in front of the fireplace, was a stunning gown fit for a queen. The lilac skirts fell out and were littered with gems. There was a rose at the waist and the dress in its entirety spoke of prestige. However, it was not so overdone that Faith was repulsed; instead its extravagance was a simple one. He cannot expect me to wear this! Please let this not be my surprise. Although the dress was beautiful, Faith still was not comfortable wearing the ornate decorations. Rather, she felt out of place in the grandeur and preferred the simpler dresses. Lenora had learned this quickly when Faith had always turned away the courtier gowns she presented for her to wear at the start of winter.

“Lenora!” Faith knew she would be nearby. It never took more then a slightly raised voice and Lenora would be there in a moment’s time, this time was no exception.

“Yes? Is everything alright?” She asked in a sing-song voice. Faith knew very well that Lenora was expecting exactly what she was about say.

“What is this dress for? It cannot be meant for me,” Faith asked with a bit of accusation to her voice. Lenora only let a twinkling laugh.

“Please, the young lord had this made for you especially for tonight. Just put it on and do not complain. It is all part of the surprise.” What is he planning?

After some more objection and insistence from Lenora, Faith was wearing the exquisite gown, her curls were piled up and pinned to the top of her head, and there was a diamond necklace adorning her neck. Faith had never before felt like such a princess and it was causing her to feel giddy. The excitement was almost radiating off of her.

‘Lewis’ met her at the foot of the stairs and took her hand. “I believe I owe you a dance.” Faith could not prevent the blush that stained her cheeks. He is going to dance with me? Faith knew how hard it was for him to act like an ordinary human. He would never eat around her or do anything to accentuate the fact that he was… well, a beast.

“I would love that,” she replied, taking his hand and following him into the ball room, not far away from the throne room and just as grand. A small gasp spilled from her lips at the sight. There were candles lighting up the room and a fire burnt bright on the opposite wall, next to the open glass doors leading to the garden. Bouquets of roses were on the mantle above the golden light and the sunset was still shining brightly from the window to the left of them. Walking into the room, Faith spun around and let out a cheerful laugh.

“Lewis! This is wonderful! Thank you!” She turned to him and took his proffered hand. He pulled her close and they began to dance. The nymphs were surrounding them in a mist and they danced to the tunes of the elves’ instruments. Faith felt as light as a feather. ‘Lewis’ held her gently, as if she would break, as he always did. Neither of them said a word. Nothing was needed to be said.