Chapter 18

HEY EVERYONE!!!! :) ok so here is what you have allbeen waiting for!!! Martin!!! yay!!! I like this chapter and hope you do too!!! I also have a little snippit at the end for anyone who would like to ad it and tell me what you think. It is a new story i want to write... I am just having a REALLY HAPPY day today!! I have no idea why but I am!!! :) YAY!!! OK here you are!!!

oh and recap is: Melanie (Martin's sister) is in town and there was dama between her and Victor in the past... Martin, while out looking for Faith, was hurt... Faith and "Lewis" had their little dance and she was planning on returning home for a short visit then going back to live with the beast forever but then Adam found Martin injured and took him inside where Faith found him and she has no idea what happened... OH!! and the Dame Magique is Hope, Faith's twin sister... there I think that is all that is important at the moment.... I know me referring to the beast as Adam and "Lewis" is confusing but oh well!! "Lewis" is what Faith calls him because he won't tell her his REAL name is Adam... Ok DONE! Now on to the story!!

Martin ran through the forest. It had grown black out as the sun set. He had called off the search a while ago and the others headed back already. But Martin could not. His lovely Charity was beside herself with worry about both her younger sisters. He could not help the situation with Patience, he had already warned Victor away and short of fighting him there was nothing else to be done. However, Faith he could help. If she had died, they would have found a body by now. No, she is alive and hiding somewhere. But where? With a sigh, Martin started toward the town. He had traveled further then normal, following an animal trail he discovered. That is when he saw it. In the distance he saw a clearing with a vast lake spreading before him. The sight was breath-taking but that is not what caught Martin’s attention. No, it was the massive castle beyond the lake that was. Martin froze. What is this place? Hope sprung up in him. Faith, she must be there!!

Martin kept his sword close to him as he began his way around the lake. Though, he had not taken three steps when there was a loud snap resounding in the air around him. Marin drew his sword and scanned the area. He could not see anything in the darkness. The trees above him shut out any moonlight, blinding him. The meadow was lighted up with the glowing moon but inside the tree cover, there was not a spot of light.

“Who is there?” Martin shouted, more to make himself at ease with the silence then anything else. He heard a small chuckle.

“You should not be here. Do you not know that traveling in the Black Woods is dangerous?” It was a light tinkling voice. A shiver ran down his spine.

“Who are you?” Martin asked again.

“An outcast, a cursed soul,” they laughed. “You cannot think of going to the castle. You are not, are you? It is a death sentence.”

“What do you know?” Martin’s heart stopped. This is it. Faith is either alive and well inside the castle or… The thought of the alternative lodged Martin’s breath in his throat. Over the past year he had come to think of Faith as his own sister. And I cannot fail another sister.

“The Beast of the forest resides there. He is heartless. Do not think he will take kindly to you invading his home.” The stranger stayed shadowed.

“How can I get to it?” Martin did not care what this stranger thought, he had to find Faith.

“Very well. But do not say I did not warn you. Follow the forest’s edge but keep a weather eye out for danger. Many dangerous creatures live nearby. Then you will come across a gate. Be careful, the gate is guarded by giants and they are the least of your worries. Remember who lives in that castle. It may be a beautiful sight by within lurks the epitome of evil.” With that the presence left him.