Chapter 10

AHH!! It is finally up!! Sorry it took FOREVER!! I really hope you guys like it!! It's not my favorite but needed to happen. No one hate me! I thought I ended it well. Anyway ENJOY!! :)

It felt good to laugh. Faith had felt so on the edge lately that Charles’ and Gus’ antics were refreshing. Faith sat in another lavish gown with a steaming mug of tea in front of a large hearth. The mantel had a beautiful stone carvings but Faith couldn’t make out what it was.  ‘Lewis’ sat in the back of the room refusing to join in. He isn’t very talkative but Faith was too busy marveling at everything to notice.

The first snow fall of the winter was drifting and swirling. Faith scurried over to the window and plopped herself down by ‘Lewis’ and stared out at the white blanketing the trees. Back home, snow was only a source of worry and fear for her. But, for some reason unknown to her, being here produced a feeling of safety. She was finally able to enjoy the magnificence of the flakes whirling around with the gentle wind.

“It is a breath-taking view, is it not?” Lenora sighed from besides Faith’s shoulder. She jumped, not realizing Lenora had flown up to her. Hearing a faint chuckle, she threw a glared at ‘Lewis’.

“I have never been able to really relish the snow before. It brought more grief and stress then happiness,” she explained. She settled down on the settee and arranged her skirts around her. Charles came and presented her with another cup of steaming tea.

Mhmm… Thank you,” she sighed as she sipped it. Warmth spread through out her body. Glancing at ‘Lewis’ she asked, “Do you not like tea Lewis?” She was still surprised he was allowing her to call him that but if he didn’t complain then she wasn’t about to change it.

“No,” was his abrupt answer. She had already learned that there were subjects that she should avoid since he had a short temper.…

“Very well then.” Faith knew her voice sounded clipped but his closed off behavior was starting to aggravate her. How could she learn to trust him if he wouldn’t talk to her? All the small talk was killing her. She had to put up with it constantly back in the village. She thought that ‘Lewis’ would be able to provide a little bit of deeper conversation but no, he was shutting down on any and every topic.

“How about some food milady? I am sure you must be hungry,” Lenora suggested. Charles and Gus jumped up along with her and were rushing to the kitchen before Faith had the chance to object. She truly despised being waited on hand and foot. She felt useless and that was not a feeling that set well with her.

“Is something bothering you? What is wrong?” The question surprised Faith. She didn’t realize she was showing her discomfort nor that ‘Lewis’ was so intuitive.

“No, I am fine. I was just wondering… Do not think me ungrateful because I do appreciate everything you have done for me but I was wondering when I would be going home?” Faith asked softly, not knowing how he would respond to her request.

She wants to go home! I can’t let her leave!! I thought she liked it here!!! Adam felt frantic and desperate. He did not expect her to ask that. Why would she want to leave already? He struggled to tamper is temper when he answered her. “You can not go home. Once winter sets in traveling the forest is suicide.” He gave a pointed look out to the snow as he said this but she didn’t seem to hear him.

What? What do you mean I can not go home? I need to return. My Family will be worried and I’m needed in the town!” Her voice was slowly rising. When the snow had begun to fall Adam was relieved that he would not need to keep Faith here against her will, rather the elements were the ones against her.