Chapter 24

I am so so so so sooooooo sssssooooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy!!!!! I had it all ready to update on Christmas morning when my computer crashed and i lost it!!!! S belated Mery Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!! I only have the epilogue left which will sum things up cause i kinda left it hanging a bit. then i am done! lol i really like the ending of this!!!! oh and i reused some of my very first chapter in one part (with a few tweaks) ... see if you can catch it! NOw!!!!!!!! HEre you are!!!!!!!!!!!!\

Recap:   

Suddenly, a flash of light blinded Hope and when she looked again there stood a man, tall and proud, before her. He had shaggy black hair that hung in his eyes, a well built frame that bespoke a power all his own. His eyes were the best feature though. The swirling of black and blue creating a misty grey that pulled you into them, made you feel as if her were reading your very soul.

“Adam.”

Faith stood at the forest’s edge watching, waiting. The night had fallen and still, she did not move. The moon shone brightly above but a sense of despair had taken hold of the air in the Black Wood. She could sense it… It wrapped around her like the thick cloak she still had around her shoulders.

“Faith! Dear, come inside. It is cold out here.” Charity gently pulled on her arm. After Faith had left the house earlier, after slapping Martin, she had spoken to no one. She had sent Melanie back into the house without an answer to her. Ever since that moment Faith had not left the forest’s shadow. “Faith, it is dark. I do not know what has gotten into you but you are home now and there is nothing more to worry over.” Faith wanted to scoff at Charity’s tone. She spoke as if to sooth a baby.

“I will be in momentarily.” Faith replied tiredly. As she turned away, a sudden horror washed over her.  In that instant she knew, something atrocious had happened. She could feel it in her very bones, to her core. She walked woodenly into the house and to her room without a word. She would know nothing for certain until the morning. Either the Hunters came back… Or they did not…

Faith looked around her and saw only black. “Lewis?” She called for him but there was no answer. Fear gripped her heart. “NO! Hope!!!” She cried for her sister. There must be something that could be done! “You cannot take him from me!!!” She sobbed. A warm embrace encompassed her and Faith knew who it was.

“Lewis?” She spun on her heel and faced the broad chest of a man. She shyly looked up into eyes that shone like a stormy sea, both threatening and comforting. “Why can this not be real?” He offered her a kind smile.

“All will be well. I promise.”

The sun was almost at its highest peak when Faith woke up. Her heart clenched at the memory of her dream. If Victor and his Hunters come back then that will never be. He will never be human again… And if they do not then the Femme Fatale will think he has not yet changed… Is there no winning??? The loud din of ovation echoed through the village and Faith felt her heart stop.

Victor laughed and happily accepted the congratulations offered to him by all the Hunters. He tried his best to hide the overwhelming fear he felt at the disappearance of the Beast's body. The Hunters did not seem fazed by it and neither would he! The men that had raided the rest of the castle said that the ghosts plaguing the halls had chased them away. They were like the mists and no one could harm them. With that in mind, the Hunter's left the castle walls as soon as the Beast had died. They danced through the forest toward the Village in victory!