Chapter 19

Amala's POV

I can't see Anayiah or Brooklyn because they're both in the ER and Anayiah was unconscious when she got here.

"Anything?" Kareem asks. I can't speak and I refuse to eat. I don't deserve to eat or speak, it should've been me.

"Amala stop blaming yourself." He says but I can't stop thinking about how it was my fault.

"It should've been me she's my little sister. Kareem I did this I did it's my fault." I said crying into his shoulders. "Amala. It's not your fault I know you know that." He brushed my curls away from my face and hide them behind my ears.

"She's my sister, I'm supposed to protect her." I said. "So what do you think I was supposed to do Amala. Loki won't ever know my side of the family. He has a family here. At least he has that."

My phone starts to vibrate and I get a random phone call from someone. "Hello?" I answer. "Hi umm this is Quinn I'm a friend of Brooklyn's just wanted to let you know I'm watching over Loki." Brooklyn had someone taking care of my kid when she was taken she could've called for help but she took care of Loki.

"Oh um thank you. Thank you so much!" I said and she reassured me everything was ok before she hung up the phone.

"Why is it so hard Kareem. I just want rest." I said sighing into his arms. "Ms. Dairano. It's about your sister. She's out of the ER." The nurse says.

"And what about Anayiah." I said.

"She lost a lot of blood and got infected. She's currently alive but in a slight coma." The nurse replies.

Dianne runs up to the nurse. "What about Ravani Esper?" She asks. "Thankfully she just fainted. It's very common in pregnant woman depending on the stress levels." The nurse said.

I forgot that Ravie has an actual full name. It slipped my mind honestly like everything else does at this point. "And the baby?" She asks.

"The baby is struggling to breathe a little bit but it'll be fine as long as she doesn't pass out again." She says before starting to walk away. "Wait! Can we go see them please?" I said.

She sighed before replying with, "I'm not supposed to let you but Ravani and Brooklyn  got put in a room together in 504. Fifth floor make a right and look for the number on the door." Dianne and I didn't waste running to the elevator to go to the 5th floor.

We paste around until the elevator door opened to then immediately ran in the direction of where the nurse had told us.

We opened the door and saw the two lying down in hospital beds.

"Oh my lord I thought you were going to leave me," I said running to my young sister. I don't know how I'd live with myself if she were gone. "Don't scare me like that ever again." I said hugging her. But her face was still dull and lacked of feeling of emotion. "What's wrong, is it me?" I asked.

But she gave me a smile but the smile could easily be described as fake in my eyes, Although a fool would take it as a real smile.
"Of course not I'm just tired." I tilted my head and gave her a condescending look as I looked into her eyes.

My eyes tumbled at the look in her eyes, the glare, the sadness Everything wasn't as it seemed I was scared for her. She was my sister and I couldn't even do anything to help her. I don't know what I would do to sacrifice for her but I know that I love her and I know that she doesn't want to be here and she wants to be by the one that she loves.