Chapter 22

*6 Months Later*

Anayiah's POV

I can't sleep and neither can the other guys. We're all in the living room and they're just laying down on our backs. I think all of the guys are tired. Brooklyn and I have the house ready but it still needs to be decorated. But the bad thing is if the baby comes early, we have nowhere for her to say.

We don't know the gender and Brooklyn says to stray away from pink and blue and make the baby's room neutral. We figured out that we're having twins so she's a little nervous about that.

But I know she'll do good.

She's getting into her nesting stage. So everything is being changed in our room.

Every day the nesting gets worse, it's not even a mom thing it's just her.

The moms have been thinking about a home birth but considering it's their first birth. All except Amala who's having a hospital birth because according to her "If the baby wants to be a bitch about coming out I need drugs."

Brooklyn has made it clear that she wants Stables in our backyard. The backyard is big but her wanting horses makes me wonder why.

"Are they asleep?" J.J. asked and we all nodded quietly. "So Anayiah when do you plan on proposing to Brooklyn?" Kareem asked him. Everyone looked at me.

"I want to do like a Kourtney and Travis Barker proposal," I said rubbing her pregnant stomach. "That's fancy but where do you want to do it?" Kareem asked again. "I mean I was thinking on the beach where we first met." I let out a sigh.

I didn't plan on telling anyone about the proposal.

But they're my new family.

"You guys are so damn loud you know that?" Emerald said walking into the living room. "Do you plan on proposing before or after the baby is born?" She asked me and I hadn't thought about it.

"I want to make sure that our house is done before I propose." The guys started laughing. "One thing about women being pregnant is they don't stop decorating," Amala said. We were all shocked at how quiet she was.

"Why didn't you tell us she was awake?" J.J. asked Kareem then said.

"Because she doesn't want me spoiling the surprise."

"But you did spoil my sleep though thank you very much," Ravie said. "You know what I'm going to put Brooklyn in bed before she wakes up too." I picked her up when up the stairs and then put her to sleep in a bed.

I kissed her and put a blanket over her.

"I love you, baby."

I left the room and went to rejoin the group downstairs.

"Brooklyn is a deep sleeper she won't wake up unless someone decides to put an Airhorn to her ears," Amala said. "Well, she's not due until of the year so there's a lot of time for you to get your proposal ready." She said to me.

"Amala what would you do to help her when she's in that delivery room?" I asked her.

"Well, I didn't have anyone when I was in the delivery room but-" She cut off.

Kareem looked at her with a dead stare then looked away from her.

"Why'd you look at me like that?" She asked Kareem. "Looked at you like what?" He asked her.

Everyone looked at the couple.

"Looked at me like you were mad at me. I don't want to talk about this because I went over why I left, and you still didn't respond when I told you why I left." She said to him, she got up fed up with Kareem.