Park

I took a shower and came out to see a 👍 emoji from P Arthit. Seeing his message reminded me of how confidently and proudly he had brought out his bicycle and still offered me a ride. I chuckled and then wiped it off my face.

The next few days, it was incredibly tiring for me. Full days of classes, Sotus practice with the juniors, football practice and to add onto all of these, the damn 30 minute walks to and fro daily. 3rd week into this schedule and I was fast getting exhausted.

I had tried going to the police station twice to try and get back my bike but to no avail. I was so pissed and was coming back angrily and almost at my dorm when I saw Phi Arthit with his friends. He didn't see me so I didn't say anything but then I happened to see the same officer who dealt with my case around my dorm. I was puzzled. I watched as this young junior came out to greet him, looked like he had his daughter studying there.

At the same time, he saw Arthit and I saw him call out to Arthit. Oh he knew Arthit too? I watched as Arthit saw him too and he just waiied to that officer.

Just then I heard the officer say something that turned my blood cold. "Boy, that guy has come by twice to get his bike back."

"Oh?! Actually I been meaning to ask.."

But I didn't hear the rest as I walked up to them. Arthit saw me and his face paled.

"Park... what are you doing here?"

"It was you?! You lodged that fucking report against me?!"

"Park. Look, listen to me. What..actually I wanted to.."

I never let Arthit finish his sentence as I punched him straight in his face.

"You are such an asshole, you know."

With those words, I walked away, simmering in ice cold anger. I went up to my room and just slammed the door. A little while later, I heard a knock on my door. I opened it only to find Arthit standing outside. I almost closed the door on him but he jammed the door with his foot.

"Park. Look. Can we please talk about this?"

"Talk? What is there to talk? You knew about this from the start. In fact I told you. You could have told me that you lodged the report. But you didn't. You know what pisses me off more than the report? The fact that you knew about it from day 1 and yet you couldn't tell me. You saw me make all those 1 hour trips daily, in and out pre and post classes. I know I was wrong to have violated the rules but I stopped in time didn't I?! That wasn't enough. You still made a report. I let it be. But really, you couldn't say 1 word?! So what was that lift for? Out of pity? Fuck off Phi. I don't wish to speak to you if I don't have to."

With that, I just slammed the door on him this time. But as I did, all I last saw was Arthit's eyes, glimmering with tears.

But he can go screw himself for all that I care.