Park

That fellow is really a piece of work. Lam and Forth caught up with me outside and offered to hang with me but I declined it. I told them I really wanted to be alone for a bit and that I will see them tomorrow or something.

I went back to my room, showered and was just smoking away in the balcony when I heard a knock on my door. I went to open it and Arthit was standing there. My instant reaction was to close the door on him immediately but Arthit must have second guessed it as he quickly held onto it.

"Park.. can we please talk?"

"No."

"Park, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. It's just that.."

"Yes. You know how to look after yourself and you don't need me to be looking out for you. You made it quite clear so don't worry, it wouldn't happen again."

"Park!"

Before he could say anything else, I closed the door on him. I couldn't be bothered to hear anything that he had to say. I went to continue smoking and I saw Arthit get onto his bicycle and go off. Despite my anger at him, I couldn't help but chuckle everytime I saw him on his bicycle which he was immensely proud of. I just stood there and watched him cycle away. I could see him go and decided to watch until he was out of sight. But just as he was about to turn the corner, a car turned the same corner but deliberately swerved into his corner and bumped him. The impact caused Arthit to fly off his bike!

What the fuck!? "Arthit!" I screamed and flew out of my apartment, running all the way to that corner as fast as I could. I found Arthit on the ground, bleeding from his head and hand and the car was nowhere in sight.

"Arthit! Are you ok!?!?!" He looked up at me and nodded weakly. I went to hold onto him and brought him up. We turned to see his bicycle and it was on the ground but the car must have rode over it and it was completely ruined.

I saw Arthit's eyes glimmer when he saw his bicycle. Dude wasn't in tears over the fact he wa hurt but over his bicycle?! I brought him and what was left of his bicycle back my dorm. I left the bicycle in the balcony and got Arthit to sit down. I started to sit and dress his wounds. He cringed and kept smarting when I was cleaning his wounds. I had to nag at him not to move and dressed up all the cuts and abrasions.

"Who was it?"

"I...I couldn't see"

I felt like Arthit was holding back on whom it was but I didn't want to push it. I put on the bandage and we were done.

"I make a move then. I want to go see if I can do something about my bike."

"Just rest here for the night P. Its already so late and your bike.. I don't think it can be salvaged."

He fell silent on hearing it but didn't say anything. He thanked me softly for the offer but said he will still just go home. Since he was so insistent, I decided to go drop him off. I came back about half hour later and saw the bicycle in the balcony.

My thoughts flitted back to Arthit and the way he had been sad when he realized his precious bicycle was broken. Sheesh, against my better judgement, I tried to see if I could fix the parts. I did what I could and over the next few days, I bought parts and assembled the bike to look as good as new again. The best part, it was still his original bike and I had kept to the old version as much as possible.

About 3 days later, the bicycle was ready. I know Kong had been sending Arthit to school so on the day it was ready, I told P Kong I will go pick Arthit up. I rode the bicycle over and waited for Arthit to come down. He came down, expecting to see Kong and was shocked to see me. But his shock turned to surprise when he saw his bicycle.

"How is that?!? I thought it was gone forever.. "

"I tried to fix it. Took me some time but managed to restore it. Good as new."

"You fixed it? You..how..why.."

"Couldn't stand seeing you be sad over your precious bicycle. So..yea.."

"Park.."

"OK get on. You can ride it to school."

"How about you?"

"I got no classes today. I'm offsite for an attachment. So I wouldn't be in campus for about a week."

"Oh okays. I see. Where you going?"

"I'm going to this engineering farming set up in Chonburi for a week. Its part of my year 2 attachment. See you around P."

Arthit nodded. He thanked me for the bicycle gratefully and I went off. But oddly, over that week, we kept in contact daily. It started off with him sending me pictures of him riding his precious bicycle to school, then we drifted into talking about my attachment. It went on to other topics and over that week, we both took turns to message one another.

Finally, on Saturday, I was about to leave Chonburi. It was a 4 hour ride back so I got ready at 6am to leave. I was about to book a cab when I saw someone familiar, waiting against a car.

I looked carefully to realize it was Arthit.  I was stunned as he came up to me, smiling softly.

"What are you doing here?!"

"You are welcome."

I stared at him for so long that we both burst out laughing! Arthit took my luggage and placed it in the car. I was seriously grateful for the ride as it was way more comfortable than in a cab.

Arthit drove well and about 9ish, close to 10am, we found ourselves back in front of my dorm. I thanked him for the ride and he nodded.

"I be off. Rest well."

"P..."

"Hmm?"

"Do you have any plans?"

"Na. I just want to go home and sleep."

"Why don't you rest here then? You can have a nap, have lunch and then go home?"

Arthit looked at me pondering whilst I held my breath. He agreed and I couldn't deny a smile came right over my face.

What the fuck. Was I going soft over this guy?!