Park

My eyes were closed and I know Arthit thought I was asleep. But the fact was I was awake. I opened my eyes and looked over to see Arthit who had fallen fast asleep. I sat up, covered him with a blanket and went out to the balcony. I closed the door so I could smoke and not have the smoke drift into the hall.

My mind flitted back to when I had fallen asleep on the couch and Arthit had held me. I had actually woken up when Arthit had placed his hands around me but I knew if I had opened my eyes, he would have taken his hand off immediately. And I realize I didn't want that. I actually liked the feeling of him holding onto me. So I let it be, enjoyed it and I ended up sleeping again, in his hold.

I was going soft over this guy and it was happening without me even realising it. And by the time I did, I realized I don't want it to stop.

I finished off my cigarette and went in. I couldn't fall asleep so I decided to just watch a movie on my phone and lay down.

Around 6pm, Arthit woke up. I had gone down to buy some snacks for us and came back to find that he had taken a shower and was just sitting down with a cup of tea.

"Hey where did you go?"

"I went to get some snacks for us."

"Oh okays. Got worried when I didn't see you. I made tea if you want a cup."

"It's ok. Thank you. I'm not a tea person."

Arthit smiled at that and just went back to his show. But I didn't want his effort to go unappreciated so I fixed myself a cup and joined him. He cast a look towards my cup and though he didn't say anything, I saw his eyes considerably brighten up.

And that made me smile. Made me feel good. Knowing that he was happy made me happy. We were in the middle of a movie when he got a call from that junior Linn. I didn't say anything but clocked his facial expression. He didn't look like he wanted to talk to her and just let the phone ring. I figured he will pick it up bit for some reason he didn't. She called back twice and yet he still didn't.

"Is everything ok?"

"Yea. Why?"

"You didn't answer your phone and that Nong has called thrice?"

"I already told her not to call me. But she can't seem to take no for an answer. So yea."

"Is everything ok? I thought you two were on good terms?"

Arthit looked at me for quite a bit before replying.

"Well promise me that you wouldn't get mad after hearing me out."

"Hmm?"

"Please?"

I nodded.

Arthit then proceeded to tell me, that day he had seen who had knocked him down. It was a guy. Upon investigating, he had found out that the guy was actually Linn's boyfriend who thought that he had been hitting on her. Ever since then, Arthit had kept away from her because he doesn't want to be seen as a third party though he doesn't like her and had already assured her boyfriend. But Linn kept coming onto Arthit because she wanted to be with him but also had no courage to break up with her boyfriend.

I was like dafuq. I clenched my hands and Arthit clocked my response.

"You promised you wouldn't get angry."

"Yea I'm nott... just you know..clenching and unclenching my hands for blood floww.."

I really tried so hard to come up with some rubbish and Arthit laughed so loud! I was about to nag at him when my phone rang. It was Forth, inviting me out for drinks. I was on the fence about going but Arthit persuaded me too. I asked Forth if I could bring a friend and he was like sure. I told him I was going to bring Arthit and he fell silent. Finally he asked, "But why?"

"I can't?"

"No, you can but we are going drinking with them. And by now I think P Arthit should have received a call or text from P Kong on this. So he will already be there you silly!"

"Ohhhhh. Okays okays. Sure. Sure. I see you guys then."

I quickly hung up, before Forth could ask me on why Arthit of all people and it wouldn't take long for him to make the connection that Arthit must be with me.
Just as I hung up, Kong called Arthit and he agreed to go for drinks too. I guess Kong must have told him that they were going to be drinking with us and Arthit agreed in an instant.

Arthit wanted to go home to change before heading to the bar so I told him I will see him straight there. I wore a white T shirt with jeans and a nice pair of sneakers. I went to the bar and everyone was already there minus Arthit.

He finally arrived about 30 minutes later and when I turned to look at him, my mouth nearly dropped.

The only exception, his sleeves were rolled up

The only exception, his sleeves were rolled up. What the fuck. Who was he dressing up for like this?! Can someone please tell this man to button up?!

The boys whistled when they saw Arthit and I low key saw him blush. He sat down next to Kong who asked me the same question that had been running through my mind. He just laughed off the question but I couldn't help but realise he looked in my direction as the question was being posed and I think I instantly blushed.

I coughed to break the momentum and turned to my boys only to catch Lam staring at me with a smirk. Fuck. Fucker knows what's going on.

He just smirked at me cheekily and patted my knees. I glared at him but all he did was laugh even harder and deliberately leaned in closer to me. I know Lam doesn't mean anything by that which is why Forth isn't bothered either but Arthit doesn't  know that. Fro my peripheral view, I saw Arthit get frustrated and he stood up suddenly, mentioning about wanting a drink and walked off. Lam turned to look at me and laughed. I just angry whispered at Lam, calling him an idiot and quickly just took off after Arthit.

I caught up with Arthit at the counter, where he was in conversation with the bartender and trying to order shots.

"He only needs 3 shots. Not more than that please."

I told the bartender who looked at me confused. I placed my hand around Arthit's waist and he got the hint. He smiled and agreed and went to prepare the order.

"Why are you changing my order?"

"Why are you drinking so much?"

"I feel like it. I can't?"

"Not that you can't. But I'm not comfortable with you drinking so much. Can you do that for me?"

Arthit looked at me, about to retort something but kept quiet. He nodded and I leaned in closer to him, so close that I could have kissed him. But all I did was whisper in his ears, "Good boy. See you back at the table."

And I walked away, leaving him hanging. I swore I heard a soft growl from him as I left. And that made me chuckle.