Arthit

Park took a shower and I decided to prep a simple lunch for us.

Growing up, my mom had taught me to cook from young and so the habit stuck. I often cooked for myself and the boys whilst at dorm. Park came out to me prepping the final touches of fried noodles.

I had repurposed his instant noodle packs to make into fried noodles and topped it off with an egg each. He was quite surprised by my culinary skills. Park dug in hungrily and was complimenting me all the way. And me? I was so taken by seeing Park eat that I barely touched my food until he called me out.

"You ok? You barely touched your food?"

"Na I'm good. I was just quite taken by you enjoying your food. I never realized how fulfilling it is to cook for others and watch them eat. I just cooked because I have to but never..."

'You never realized how happy you make them?"

"Err..."

"Thank you for this P. Now eat please."

I nodded and went to my food. But I admit,my eyes kept fluttering to him the entire time periodically. This fellow was just all prickly on the outside but secretly very sweet. From the time he stood up for me with Linn, to fixing my bike to us talking endlessly the whole of last week to this very moment; I feel like our dynamics has changed. Like it had slowly shifted.

And the only thing that kept going through my head was that if I could, I would want this guy around me 24/7. But that sounded very coupley. Its not me, and it definitely isn't him. He's well known among the juniors and the faculty for being a "non relationship" kind of guy.

All of these thoughts carried me through lunch and I was extremely silent and preoccupied. I finally finished my food and looked up to see Park staring at me oddly.

"You ok? I been calling your name a few times now but you have completely not answered."

"Omg. I'm so sorry, I was just day dreaming."

Park chuckled and cleaned up. I offered to wash but he chased me away. I sat down and switched on Netflix to watch a movie and he came out to join me a bit later.

We were watching the movie when midway, I felt Park's head on my shoulder. I turned to look briefly and realized he had fallen asleep. I just smiled. The temptation to hold onto him whilst he slept was so high. I mean he looked like he was in deep sleep. I casually sneaked my arms around him and held him by his waist. He didn't stir at all. In fact, he just nestled in closer and continued sleeping. I just watched the show whilst waiting for him to wake up.

About 1 movie and half later, Park stirred awake. I took my hand off his waist and placed it on the couch casually. He apologised for sleeping on me and I waved it off. I told him to go sleep on the bed and I said I would take the couch. He refused and wanted to swap but I threw out the Phi card and he just glared at me before shuffling to bed. I jsut laid on the couch, watching him fall back asleep before sleep overtook me.

The last thing that I had captured with my eyes before I slept was that of Park sleeping.