Arthit

Park wasn't kidding when he said he didn't want to talk to me if he didn't have to. I didn't see him at all no matter how I tried to move my schedule around.

Lunch time was my only chance as 2nd and 3rd years shared the same break. I saw Forth and Lam but no Park. I raised my eyes at this but didn't say anything. I couldn't ask the two anything either. It wasn't very becoming of me so I kept quiet. Just then Forth came up to me.

"Phi Arthit, can I ask you something?"

"Sure Nong, what's up?"

"Park isn't well but he's so insistent on still going for Sotus drills. I have already told him to rest and to be honest we all don't care when we are sick as its a small thing but he's really down and out. But he's still so stubborn. If you as head hazer commissioned him out, he would have to listen. Could you do that for me?"

"What's wrong with him? Is he OK?" My heart jumped a bit when I heard and as Forth mentioned he was running a high fever and all, my blood just turned even colder. He was so sick and yet so stubborn.

"Don't worry. I got this." Forth smiled at me and they went off but I couldn't help but feel that Lam's piercing stare on me wasn't the usual one but of anger. Shit. Park and him were best friends. I wasn't surprised if Park had told him everything. I sighed. Hardly anyone ruffled me but Lam's stare was really chilling.

I know Park wouldn't listen to me so I decided to be sneaky and I got Kongpob to do it. There is no way Park wouldn't listen to him.

During Sotus, Park turned up as usual ready to work with the juniors but I could see how pale and washed out he looked. I watched discreetly pretending to be immersed in doing drills with a junior as I watched Kongpob go over and nag him. I don't know what Park said but eventually Kongpob and him compromised by having him watch and time drills rather than doing it or shouting at the juniors to do it.

Kongpob said something else to him and that's when Park's face changed. He walked over to me.

"Phi, I'm assigned to help you today."

I was surprised. I looked at Kong who just grinned cheekily. Fucker. He planned this. I looked at Park and just nodded. No wonder Park's face changed. He would rather be anywhere else than with me at this point of time. He was supposed to be my time keeper and extra pair of eyes. He did it pretty well actually well so much so that I could spend some time counselling a junior who was upset about something.

He watched me as I spoke to her at the side and then sent her off. I came back and we wrapped up for the day. I told him he could go off and he nodded. He waiied to me and left before I could ask or say anything else.

As I was walking out, I saw him walking towards his dorm. He was already ill and still walking?! I sighed. I only had my damn bicycle with me. But I decided it was better than nothing. I rode over to him and stopped him.

"Hop on please."

"No, thanks. I'm good."

"You are sick already. Don't push it further please."

"Stop bothering me Phi. I don't bother you do I?"

"Can you quit it already?! I'm sorry. I know I should have told you and I didn't. And I'm sorry. But you don't have to take it out on me by ruining your health further."

"And you care why? Why do you care so much?" Park asked me lowly as he glared at me.

Before I said anything further, Park flipped me off and walked off. This asshole!