The Diary (Advent Day Seven)

Dear Diary,

Boy, did I have a fun day today...

It started pretty normally. I was in my room reading, thoroughly enjoying my book when I was interrupted by two people hurriedly entering my room. Two guesses who.

"Anais, we need your help!" If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that, I'd be rich...

I sighed at them. "What have you done now?"

"We agreed to a bet with Tobias where have to compete in a quiz, and whoever loses has to tell the entire school a really embarrassing secret!"

"Yeah, and there's no way we can win, and we really don't want to have to reveal an embarrassing secret! You have to help us, please!"

I couldn't help but let out a small giggle and facepalm at them. I mean, the kinds of situations those two get themselves into...

"and why did you agree to it then?"

"We didn't think about it at the time, we just wanted to prove we weren't cowards and that we wouldn't wuss out of it!"

"Anais, please, you have to help us!"

I watched them beg and rolled my eyes, unable to help the smile that appeared on my face.

I guess I'll once again have to be their knight in shining armor...

"Oh, alright, I'll help you..."

"Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

...not without getting something out of it myself though...

"...if you'll hang out with me all of tomorrow and do anything I want."

"What?!"

"You heard." I crossed my arms, smirking as they hesitated, weighing their options.

They know I'd never make them do anything that I wouldn't be willing to do myself, nothing cruel or mean, so they didn't have anything to worry about. It should have been an easy choice.

Eventually, they sighed and relented. "Okay fine, we'll do it."

I held out my paw. "Deal?"

Gumball took it and shook it. "Deal."

Tomorrow is gonna be a lot of fun. But first I had to help them out of their situation.

We went to the quiz and turns out Tobias had recruited Colin, Felix, and Bobert on his team. Looked like it wasn't gonna be as easy as I thought...

An hour and a half later and one well-fought battle later and the three of us had just about pulled through, and surprisingly Gumball and Darwin actually pulled their weight. They really caught me off guard with some of the questions they ended up getting right.

Honestly, they don't give themselves enough credit. They really didn't need my help as much as they thought they did, and, truth be told, despite them begging me to do this, I had a really great time, and I really enjoyed hanging out with them.

I can't help but laugh at them sometimes...

Despite being annoying, some of the situations they get themselves in are pretty entertaining, and honestly, my life would be so boring without them...

I'd never tell them this to their face, as I'd be way too embarrassed to do so, but I love them more than anything, though I know it may not seem like it with how I act.

To them, it probably seems like I think they're nothing but annoying and stupid all the time and that I can't stand them, but the truth is, I really do love them both, so, so much, more than anything in the world, and I wouldn't want to change anything about them.

They're already the best siblings I ever could've asked for. They're always looking out for me, always there for me, willing to help me out, comfort me, cheer me up, no matter what, and that's why I look up to them so much, and it's why I'm proud to call them my brothers. I honestly can't imagine my life without them...

They've grown so much in the 4 years I've had to deal with them, and I'm so incredibly proud of them. They may not believe that, but I really am. I always have been.

and I always will be.