The Revenge (Advent Day Twenty Two)

As morning rose over the town of Elmore, Anais and Darwin awoke with a stretch and a yawn.

Anais sat up, and Darwin popped his head out of his bowl, and two were confused to see that Gumball was already awake and dressed, and was standing in front of the drawers.

"Uh, Gumball? Why are you up already?" Darwin asked.

Gumball didn't respond and just stood there, adjusting his sweater.

"Gumball?" Anais called out slightly concerned, as she began to climb down the ladder of her bed.

He still didn't respond, instead clearing his throat.

Darwin climbed out of his bowl. "Gumball, are you okay? Gumball?"

Anais gasped as he suddenly popped out his collar.

"Wait no...surely not..." Anais' eyes widened.

"What?" What's wrong?" Darwin asked.

"Gumball never pops out his collar! He thinks it makes him look like a jerk! The only person who did that was-"

Zach turned around, wearing his pink and purple sunglasses, with a large smirk on his face. "Hello, losers. Miss me?"

"Zach!? But we got rid of you!" Darwin replied horrified. "and didn't you throw those glasses away?" He added afterward.

"Zach bought new ones. He needs to be stylish, you know? As for you defeating me? Don't make me laugh Zach was strong. Zach survived. and now he's taken over this loser's body once again. For good this time."

"No! Gumball, if you're in there, fight him!" Darwin tried to call out to him.

Zach just waved his paw dismissively. "Pfft, save your breath. That loser is dead."

"W-what do you mean?" Anais asked horrified.

"Zach already took over every single one of his memories whilst that loser slept, dreaming of the girlfriend he didn't deserve, and now...there's not a single trace of him left. He's gone. Erased."

"No, you're lying!" Darwin insisted.

"Yeah, you're trying to scare us! He has to be in there somewhere, he just has to be!" Anais agreed.

"You can try all you want to bring him back, but eventually you'll have to accept the truth. He's gone, and now, all that's left in his place...is Zach,"

"No...he can't be gone.." Anais began to tear up slightly.

He ignored her and leaned on the drawers. "Now that I'm in charge again there's going to be quite a few changes." He turned to Darwin. "For starters, I won't be needing you anymore. Zach doesn't need some guy following him around all day. Zach flies solo."

"What..?" Darwin's face feel looking upset.

"And you." He turned to Anais. "I can't be seen hanging around with a nerdy loser like you. It'd just bog down my reputation. I have standards you know. Don't worry, you aren't completely useless to me though. You'll be doing my homework from now on."

Her ears fell as she sniffed. "I can't believe this is happening..."

The two's faces were a mix of horror and upset, horrified at what was happening, unable to believe Gumball was really gone, and they were left with Zach.

As Zach looked at the two's horrified reactions he let out a snicker, much to their confusion.

"Did...did you just snicker?" Anais asked.

He quickly regained his composure and cleared his throat. "Um, n-no. Of course not. I was just uh...thinking of something funny..."

"You just referred to yourself in the first person!" Darwin pointed out.

"Wait, hang on, you're right! He did earlier as well!"

Zach's smirk began to turn into a grin as the two finally began to catch on.

Anais crossed her arms. "Oh for- Gumball, you're just playing a prank on us aren't you!?"

He burst out laughing, holding his stomach as he was laughing so hard. "AHHAHAHAHAHAHA! AHHAHAHAHAHAHA! I told you I would get you back, I told you...and you guys still fell straight for it! I can't believe it worked so well!

The two gave him an annoyed expression, but couldn't help beginning to smile and giggle along with him.

"Okay, okay, we deserved that..." Anais chuckled.

Gumball continued to laugh. "You...you should have seen your faces! They were priceless!"

Darwin smiled and hugged. "I'm just relieved it was a prank...I don't know what I did do if I lost you dude..."

Gumball smiled and hugged him back. "Awww, don't worry, I'm not going anywhere, I promise."

Anais happily joined the hug, and the three embraced each other, Darwin and Anais were relieved that their brother was okay, and Gumball grinned happily, glad his revenge prank had ended up working so well.