The Feeling

Suggested by sugaryatclaires

July, right in the middle of the summer holiday. No school to worry about for another two months, and plenty of time to spend with friends and family.

And even more excitingly for Gumball, Darwin, and Anais, their mother had, with the help of the kids doing a yard sale and agreeing to go without an allowance for a few months, managed to save up enough for the entire family to go on vacation to a waterpark for a week.

This was the first time the kids had ever gotten to go on a proper summer vacation like this, with any other vacation they'd been on being nothing more than a day or two camping, or just going to the town pool for the day, so needless to say they were all extremely excited.

This excitement dwindled slightly however when they arrived at their room.

Dressed in their summer shirts, shorts, and dresses, and excited to unpack and explore, the kids ran into the bedroom and stopped, confused.

"What the what? This room is so small!" Gumball complained.

And he was right. The room they were staying in was at most the size of their bedroom at home. One of the walls contained a large glass window with sliding doors that led to a small balcony overlooking a portion of the park. Back inside there was a door on the right that led to the bathroom. Just next to it was a television hanging on the wall, with a cabinet full of DVDs and games underneath. Opposite that was the couch, which could be pulled out and made into a bed. Finally, on the right side of the TV was another door that led to a small bedroom, which contained only a wardrobe, a bedside table with a light, and a single queen-sized bed, big enough to fit only three of them at most.

Their mother and father appeared behind them, similarly dressed in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts, and a summer dress. "It is, but it was this or nothing, unfortunately. Money doesn't grow on trees you know."

"Besides, we'll be outside most of the holiday! We'll only be in here for the evenings, and I'm sure we can make do with this, right?" Richard asked them.

The kids hesitated before sighing. "Okay..."

"So, who's sleeping where? I mean, the bed definitely isn't going to fit all of us." Darwin asked.

"Oh, that's fine. The couch is a pull-out. your father and I will use that whilst you kids can have the bedroom."

"What? Are you sure? That pull-out doesn't look very comfortable..." Anais asked as she crouched down and studied the couch.

"I know, but this is our first proper holiday, so I want this week to be as special and memorable as possible for you kids. I want to make sure you all have the best time possible, and if that means being slightly uncomfortable in bed for a few days then so be it."

The young bunny smiled before suddenly leaning forward and hugging her mother. "Thanks, Mom. You really are the best."

The older feline smiled, surprised at her daughter's sudden display of affection. "Aww, sweetheart..."

Darwin joined in with his sister, equally as grateful. "Yeah, Thanks, Mrs. Mom! This vacation is gonna be awesome!"

"I sure hope s-OH!" Nicole exclaimed as Richard suddenly hugged all three of them, beginning to crush them slightly. "What are you hugging me, Richard?"

He shrugged. "I just didn't wanna be left out."

Now only Gumball was left to join the hug. He stood, watching the other two with a raised eyebrow. They gave him a stern look as if to say 'Come on!'