4. Cerro Gordo

I grabbed the climbing gear. Apparently, I and Nate were the only ones that have ever climbed before. So we are going climbing around in the caves that they haven't explored.

"Alright so unlike last time we came prepared," Sam said pointing to Nate and me. "These two are ready to go into the mines." He spun me around showing my layers. I had thin layers, but they were fleece lined.

"How are you not frozen?" Alex asked. I shrugged.

"I lived in Oregon," I laughed. "Also I need fewer clothes so I don't get stuck on shit while I am climbing around." I laughed looking at Nate who had layers on layers on layers of clothes.

"We have to ride in the back of his truck but in the cold for like ten minutes," Sam added looking at the camera. "That is going to be freezing." He shivered.

"Babies," I laughed moving towards the truck. I let the boys get in first while I handed them some gear. Nate extended his hand to help me up. "Well, at least there is one gentleman here." I laughed as he helped me into the truck bed. We all sat down and got ready to be frozen. The boys pulled out a blanket.

"Lily! Get under!" Colby screeched as I sat down next to Nate and Alex. We drove down the road in the dark. What made this worse was I could feel the truck going sideways. Finally, we made it to a place Brent called the Ella mines.

"This is the wild wild west, so we are going to explore," He smiled.

"Wait so that means dynamite," Colby added. Nate gave him a worried stare. "Don't touch anything."

"So hypothetically if I touch dynamite and it blows up. How much of the mine would collapse?" I asked and Sam smacked my arm.

"Majority of the section you were in and more probably," Brent nodded.

"Alright so no one goes with Lily and stay near the entrance," Colby added.

"Contrary go with her so she can't blow shit up," Nate explained.

"Nate you follow Lily for good measure," Alex said clapping a hand on his back.

"Alright so we are going in," Alex went first stopping to stare at some roots coming from the ceiling. I slid past him seeing a hole down in the bottom. I immediately started tying off a hold for me to go down.

"Wait, Lily found something," Justin added bringing the camera to my face.

"Do you think if I went down this really fast it would collapse?" I asked squinting since the light was so bright.

"Lily, where are you going?" Sam asked as I went over the ledge.

"Down," I announced.

"Why did you let her go first?" Nate asked from the top. I looked up seeing everyone look down on me.

"So maybe don't stand on the ground right near the hole or else I will in fact die." I smiled as I hit the bottom. "Yo drop me a light please?" I asked.

"I'll bring it down for you," Nate added. I smiled. Nate was following me. I unhooked my harness looking around. I couldn't see too far because I didn't have a headlamp like the others. Nate was down next to me now.

"Are you dumb?" He asked smiling. I shrugged.

"I prefer reckless, but dumb works too," I smiled and grabbed the light off Nate's belt. I stepped forward, but he grabbed my harness keeping me there.

"Don't go off yet, Colby is coming down." He added. He didn't let go of my harness though. It was kind of like I was a dog, but at least he cared enough to keep track of me. Finally, Colby got down here.