15. Found

NATE's POV

There was a buzzing going off near me. I reached out almost knocking my phone off the nightstand. Fur touched my arm and I made sure not to accidentally hit Gar. I didn't want to wake him. I saw it was Colby calling me. It was 3:15 am. I rubbed my eyes answering the phone.

"It's 3 am," I reminded him.

"Is Lily with you?" He asked. I sat up rubbing my eyes.

"No, I thought she was supposed to be with Kat tonight?" I went to my texts but nothing from her. Odd.

"She was, but a few minutes ago she apparently just left," Sam said from eh line.

"Are you all awake, right now?" I asked them slowly getting out of bed.

"Yes, she didn't take her car or her phone," Kat added. This was slowly starting to wake me up. They sounded panicked which meant something was wrong.

"Is there any reason she would be upset?" I asked them grabbing a shirt from my closet and pulling it on. Gar was awake now staring at the phone.

"No, no. We were fine. It was like 3 and then I heard her get up. I tried to ask her what she was doing, but she just left. No shoes and in her Pj's." Kat added.

"She didn't answer you?" I asked her slipping shoes on.

"No, we thought maybe she was going to your house, but it didn't make sense why she wouldn't bring her stuff. Also, you are across town she would need her car," Sam explained. 

"So none of us know where she is and we have no way of finding her?" I asked watching as Gar moved to the edge of the bed tilting his head at me.

"We are getting ready to go out and look for her, she can't have gone far," Colby added.

"I thought maybe she is sleepwalking?" Sam asked.

"Lily doesn't sleepwalk." Kat and I said at the same time. 

"We will take our side of town if you take yours," Colby added. I grabbed my keys off my nightstand.

"Got it," I said leaving my apartment. Why the hell would she just leave? Lily didn't do shit like that. Especially no shoes, no phone, and no car. She didn't really care about going out at night in her pj's.  Especially since the others were freaked out as well made me nervous. I got into my car and started driving around. I didn't even know where she could be. There were a lot of people on the streets at night, I am not saying that anything bad will happen to her, but it could. Especially since she isn't herself right now. 

It was 4 am now. I was driving near the park looking for any sign of people. I have found several people, but no one that resembles lily in any way. I just wanted to find her. I had a weird feeling to drive toward Sam and Colby's place. I knew she probably wouldn't walk this far in about forty minutes, but I didn't know. As I got over there I saw people walking down the street. No Lily. I had an odd feeling that I was closer, but it didn't help. I kind of felt like I could throw up, my stomach was tight and it was hard to breathe. My phone scared me when it went off, but I was hoping that maybe they found her. I answered it.

"Did you find her?" I asked them. 

"No," Sam added. I was slightly annoyed why would they call me if they haven't found her? I rubbed my forehead. "We have searched most of this side of town, did you find anything?" He asked. I turned down a street. This was one of the few streets that has a reservation. National park forest. It was small but still thick.

"No." I sighed. My headlights flashed over the edge of the woodline and I saw someone. I pulled up fast making sure my lights stayed don't the forest. I opened my door. "Lily!" I yelled moving towards her. I didn't even care to shut my door or turn off the car. I ran forward. She didn't move, she was just staring into the woods. "Lil?" She didn't answer as I got closer to her. I stepped to the side of her seeing that she was just staring into the woods. Maybe she was sleepwalking. I gently touched her arm watching her blink. "Lily?" I whispered stepping in front of her. What the hell? She blinked again, her eyes slowly focusing on me now. "Hey," I placed my hand on either side of her chin.