1. Clown Motel

So I was supposed to be meeting a few of Sam and Colby's friends. They stole me from Kat. We were going to have a girl's night, which just meant wine, sweets, and romantic movies. Instead, I am going to a clown motel. I have disliked clowns since when I was little and one was invited to our home for a party. He reminded me of John Wayne Gacy and I have never been able to look at clowns the same. Their names were Nate, Alex, and Justin. We all went to eat before getting to the actual hotel and they decided to try and ask me questions since the food was taking forever.

"So Lily, what do you do?" Justin asked me.

"Like Job wise or like school?" I asked slowly moving my straw around my cup, stirring the ice.

"Both," Nate added. He was seated beside me at the table, Justin on the other side and across from us was Sam, Colby, and Alex.

"So for school, I am a Sociology major, I want to be a social worker after I graduate with my master's. For my job, I volunteer at a humane society. I also sometimes substitute at grade schools." The boys nodded.

"I am just saying if you were my sub. You would have hated me," Colby added throwing his straw paper at me. The paper hit my face falling onto the table. stared at him.

"I would have, you are right." I smiled. He averted his eyes instead, searching for the waiter.

"Why social work?" Justin asked. "Any specific reasons?" Sam and Colby both shook their heads at him. "What?"

"No, it's okay. It's not a sensitive subject," They relaxed. "Uh my parents died when I was younger, so I was orphaned until a woman took me in. The whole foster system was too fucked up for me then, so thankfully I was never forced into it." The boys just stared at me.

"She's like Annie," Colby said breaking the silence. Sam slapped his arm and I grabbed the salt pouring it into his drink. "Aww! Man! I am never going to get another one now," He complained pushing it forward.

"Well at least you had someone to take you in," Nate added. I smiled.

"Yeah, I couldn't have asked for anyone better," I stared into my cup slowly moving the ice around once more. After what felt like hours of sitting there we finally got out shitty food and we left.
Sam finally told us what he found out in the restaurant. It was haunted. The fucking clown motel was haunted, especially since a graveyard was on the property. It's always haunted.

"Do you guys think Gacy is in there?" I whispered and Colby hit me in the head. "Okay," I grimaced and lowered my head.

"This place makes me a bit paranoid because of the reviews," Sam said pulling out his phone.

"They are all one out of five stars," Colby added. Nate grabbed Sam's phone.

"Sheer curtains. People walking past could see inside our rooms," Nate began. I snickered and Colby covered my face putting me in a headlock so I would shut up. "No water in the shower. The doorframe has been broken so the locks were insecure. So much LED light was coming in through the sheer drapes," Nate laughed. "That no light was needed all night long."

"Sounds like they bout to be abducted," I mumbled as Colby let go of my face.

"Alright well, let's get going," Sam added. When we arrived I shit you not, I had no words. Clowns were everywhere. Everywhere. Nate opened the door for me. I slid out and gave him an alarmed look which he returned.

"They even got Ronald Mcdonald," I pointed to the door. "Ah, this is so bad." I rubbed my face.

"Wait," Colby gasped turning to me. "Are you afraid of clowns?" I dropped my hands and glared at him.