5. Aftermath

Finally, we all decided it was time to go. Brent said goodbye to us all and it was a fun drip back out of the desert mountains. I was seated next to Nate once again. Alex needed a window seat, along with Colby, who just was a passenger so he could video and Sam was driving since he was the soberest.

Sitting there I tried remembering what happened last night. I remembered the speeches, everyone getting plastered. I do remember seeing a giant hole and running from a bat, but not much in between there. I felt Nate tap my knee, I took out my earbud looking at him for a moment.

"Everything okay?" I asked and he laughed a little nodding.

"Yeah, uh," He gestured towards Sam. He was playing with the rings on his hand as he waited.

"Lily, do you remember what happened last night?" Sam asked from the driver's seat. I could see him staring at me in the rearview mirror. I pulled my knees up to my chest and turned down my music.

"A few things," I admitted. I still wanted them to tell me what I did? They wanted to wait for me to watch the video though.

"Oo, do tell?" Justin smiled from the seat in front of me.

"I don't think I will," I pursed my lips.

"Why?" The whole car said.

"You won't believe me," I admitted. "I mean I was very drunk, but still."

"Come on please,"

"Aw, lily don't leave us hanging,"

"No, we will. We will believe you." The whole car had something to say.

"Fine, fine." I looked out the window. "In the lounge room in the mine tunnels. After you all had stumbled to the house. I was sitting near the mines looking at the stars," I paused licking my lips. "There was something in the mines that wanted me to go back. Alone," I making eye contact with Sam in the rear view mirror. Colby's eyes widened and I could feel the other three doing the same.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Alex asked. I smiled throwing my hands out slowly.

"I told you, none of you were going to believe me?" I slowly cracked me knuckles.

"Wait, no I believe you. I just want to know more?" Nate added.

"When I looked back into the mines, I didn't realize it because I was so out of it but thinking back now. Someone was waiting in there for me. A shadow, hidden just behind the first bend of the mines. It was inviting me back," I watched Sam and Colby's faces drop.

"What did it want from you?" Justin asked. I just shrugged looking back out the window.

"Dunno, I was too drunk to care and it's still really blurry," I turned up my music trying to cover the silence in the car after what I had said. They don't believe me and that's fine.

"Well, I understand why you drag Lily everywhere?" Alex laughed and I smiled changing the song on my phone. I put in my other headphone seeing the others began to talk. My fingers slowly ran across my chin feeling the bandage from when I hit the gravel.

Suddenly I saw Alex talking to me. I pulled out my earbud giving him a confused look.

"I said about your face," He laughed and I smiled. "I'm sorry."

"It's all good," I assured him, "At least none of us had to go to the hospital."

"Does anyone ever?" Justin asked and Colby turned around to look at me.

"That was not my fault," I defended putting my feet on the ground.

"Lily, you literally went," Colby fully turned to me. "Watch this!" He stared at me and I laughed a little.