Chapter 5 blending in

The next morning was all rainy and gray. David felt all rainy and gray. He went down stairs with his bed head and plopped down at the dinner table. "Good morning, sweetheart." Him mom greeted happily. "Morning" he said in a grumpy voice. "Oh, well someone's a little grumpy today" She said. "Yeah, it's just the weather. I had that same dream last night, but it was longer. It's like a TV show. Every night it's a new episode, except when I met Amy, the first episode was a rerun, and when I met Luna, a new episode pops up. It's so weird!" He explained. "You have been talking about this Luna character ever since you got home yesterday. It seems like my son has caught himself a catch." His dad said.

"Oh, dad. She's amazing. She's beautiful, she's kind, and she's everything a guy could ask for in a girl" he said. "Well, it sounds like you like her a lot, so why don't you ask her out?" "Are you crazy? I just met her! I don't want to seem desperate." "Well, aren't you desperate? The dance is on Friday, and that's 4 days away." "Dad!" David snaps at him. "I'm not desperate! I just never found the right girl, and now I have." "Ok, sport. I guess you know what's best for you". "I'll ask her Wednesday so she has time to do stuff." "Good thinking sport, give the lady time. I'm sure she won't turn you down because that's how I won your mother.

Just as they all finished laughing, they heard the doorbell ring. "I'll get it!" David said. He ran to the door and opened it. "Morning, David!" Luna greeted cheerfully. "Luna?! What are you doing here?" "Well, I wanted to see if you wanted to walk with me to school, and maybe I can walk you guys on the walk home too." "Well of course you can. Come in. I guess you can wait with me. Usually, me, Danny, and Amy walk to school together, so I don't see the harm in inviting one more person."

"Well, great. I'll wait in the kitchen" "Sure let me introduce you to my parents" David lead Luna into the kitchen where his parents were making more jokes and laughing at each of them. "Hey guys!" "Oh, David. Who's your friend?" "Guys this is Luna, the new friend." both of his parents stared at each other in shock. They thought David was exaggerating about Luna's beauty, but once they saw her, they knew he was not kidding. "Oh Luna, we have heard a lot about you. Welcome to our home. What brings you over?" his mom asked. "Oh, well, I wanted to walk with David to get to know him and his friends better, so now we're just waiting for Amy and Danny." Well, I'll leave you guys to chat while I go get my stuff for school. Okay?" "Oh, alright. Take your time, no rush." his mom said. As soon as he ran upstairs they got straight to business.

"You're too beautiful to be human, you are an Arc Angel!" his dad said. "Yes I am an Arc Angel, and I need your son to return to his true home" they both looked at each other in worry. "Has the darkness discovered that he's here?" his mother asked. "Yes, that girl Amy is a spy for Philitis. He sent her here to take him back to the dark city, but she has fallen in love with David, so that should buy us sometime." She explained.

"So when are you going to tell him that you're an Angel?" his mother asked. "I was hoping that you guys had already told him that he's not from here, so that would make my job easier, but I should have expected this, jobs are never easy." Luna said. "We will have a talk with him when he gets home, but for now, keep him safe." his dad said. Just as they were finishing their conversation, the doorbell rang. David's mom got up and answered the door.

"Hello Danny, Amy, come in" she said. Thank you they both replied. They walked in the kitchen and saw Luna sitting there munching on some waffles. "Luna?" they both said in confusion "Hi guys" she said with her mouth still filled with waffles. "What are you doing here?!" Amy asked in a strong voice. "She's walking with us today" David said as he entered the kitchen to grab his lunch. "Well don't just stand there, let's get going. I don't want to have to run again. He said. "Bye" they all said. "Have a good day" his mother yelled as they stared walking down the street.

David and Luna talked all the way to school. They found out they have a lot in common David offered to take her to his favourite spot out of the whole entire school of course she accepted, she loved spending time with David, but she didn't want to get to attached to him. This was the king's son after all. For once, David did not have to slip into class. He didn't have to race against time and just beat it by a few seconds. He could just sit, relax, and talk with his friends while waiting for school to start. Suddenly this gray and rainy day didn't seem so gray and rainy.

Around lunch time the rain stopped, and it was nice and sunny in the lunch room. David sat next to Danny and Amy. As Luna entered the lunch room, she sat at a table all alone. David noticed her sitting there just playing with her food. "I'll be right back guys, I want to show Luna something before it starts raining again." When he got up, Danny gave him a hi-five while Amy just sat there burning up with anger.

David grabbed her hand and pulled her up. "Come on, I want to show you my favourite spot while it's not busy." Luna blushed and agreed. She got up and followed him up the stairs. they got to the door and opened it. He covered her eyes. "No peeking". He said. "Okay?" She said. As soon as she said, that it started to rain. David pulled up his umbrella and led her out to his special place. "Ok, now look" he said as he uncovered her eyes. "Wow" she said. They were at the top of the school. They were overlooking the whole area of Seattle.

"It's beautiful!" she said as she moved closer under the umbrella. "So are you" David said. Luna blushed and looked out to the school yard. She looked at David and moved in closer. Then they heard the door open and she moved away. "Shoot!" David thought. "Hey, you guys. The bell rang, we have to get to class!" Amy yelled. "Ok were coming!" David responded. The end of the day came and they walked home. David talked to Luna mostly, which made Amy jealous. David went in. "Mom, Dad. I'm home!" he said he found them in the living room looking at him with a sad look. "Are you guys ok?" he asked. "Sit down, son. We need to talk." His Dad said.