Chapter 10 The final dance

At the school, everyone was all fancy like, and pretty, ready to get their dance on. The gym was decorated all fancy in streamers and balloons. Plus, they had food! The DJ dropped some sweet beats, and everyone was dancing. David and Danny decided to walk to the dance so everyone could check out their tuxes, but everyone thought that they were losers because they were walking, not driving. David didn't care, however. The whole was there. He was thinking about how beautiful Luna would look, and how awesome the slow dancing would be.

Meanwhile, in Danny's head, he was thinking about him and Amy dancing. Although it was just him break dancing, and everyone was around him clapping and saying "Go Danny, go Danny" They told the girls to meet them on the roof so they could fly in. they finally got to the dance, and made their way to the roof. On the roof, the girls were not there. "Hey where are the girls they should have been here by now!" Danny said. "Yeah where are they?" all of a sudden David felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned around and there was his beautiful date.

"Hey beautiful. You scared me." "Sorry, we got early" "Well, it's okay, now come on. Let's go!" They all went down stairs. They all danced the night away, and then came the slow dance. David was alone, sitting on the bleachers thinking about what his house was like. What his city was like, what his dad was like. Then again, he was thinking about leaving his best friend behind. He didn't care much about the school or the teachers, but he did care about his parents. "Hey, you okay?" Luna asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. What's up?" "Obviously not you. Come on, it's a slow dance"

"You know what, you're right." he said. He spun her onto the dance floor and began to dance with her. "You know, I've been meaning to tell you something, Luna" "Oh really? What's that?" he spun her once more and dipped her. "That I...." he was beginning to say until a ninja star hit Luna in the heart. Everyone gasped. "Luna? Luna!" "Bulls-eye" a voice said from behind.... it was Linda! "Linda, you demon!" David yelled. "Thought you could get rid of me that easy? Ha! I think not."

She snapped her fingers, and a black void opened underneath the two of them. David and Luna fell into the portal. Amy gasped as she jumped in after them. Everything went dark. After a while, David came to seeing that he was falling down a black portal. It felt like it went on forever. He gave up, and let himself fall. He passed out. When he came to again, he found himself surrounded by red rocks and dark sky. His vision was blurry after seeing black for the longest time. His eyes needed to adjust, but he passed out again.

"David!" he heard someone yell his name. "David!" it yelled again. "That voice. It sounds familiar. Amy?" he thought. His head was spinning, but he slowly opened his eyes. "Ugh, my head. What happened?" "David you're ok!" Amy said while hugging him. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little dizzy. What happened?" "It looks like Linda opened a portal underneath you two. And- hold on. She said while thinking. "Luna!" they both said with worry. "Hold on, David. Can you stand?" "Yeah, I think so. Where is?"

"Wait, you said Linda opened a portal, but to where?" he asked. Amy looked around and her eyes widened with fear. Amy stood there in an awkward silence. "Amy?" "Oh, god!" "Amy, what's wrong?" "It's where she sent us." "Well where did she send us?" she turned around. "She sent us to the City of Darkness!"

End of part 1......