Chapter 16 Deep Sleeps

Charge! Both of the kings yelled. Both the light angels and the dark angels went to war. Blood spatter everywhere, meanwhile, The King, Luna, and David were just standing there looking around. "Ok, so do you see that portal?" "Yeah." "You need to get in there and destroy the dark King once and for all." "Yes, dad." "Come on, Luna." "Be careful, your highness." Luna said as she flew away. On the way up, they dodged falling body's and dodged shots.

They got to the portal. it was dark and swirly. "Well, here we are, you ready?" David asked. Luna nodded, and they flew inside. Once they got out of the portal, they came out to a large metal room, and it had stairs leading up to somewhere. "Well, what do you want to do? Fly or-" before he could finish, Luna flew up without saying a word. "Ok, I guess we fly." He yelled in her direction. He flew after her, and saw that the top room was the control room where the Dark King was. Once David got up there, he was finally face to face with the dark King. But, where was Luna.

"Does this belong to you?" an unknown figure said as he turned around with Luna in his hands. Was she unconscious or dead? "Put her down!" He yelled. "Sure, as long as you fight me to the battle of the death." "Sure, whatever you want bro. just give us a second. "Ugh, fine, but make it quick." "Sigh, Luna. I love you. I just wish I could tell you while you were conscious." He kissed her and accidently drained all her energy. "Ok, I'm ready" he sent her back home in a bubble. "Ok, now I'm ready" They started fighting. David's power strong, but not as strong as the Dark King.

David couldn't hold on anymore. He did the best he could to protect the people he loved, especially Luna. He barely had power just enough to keep himself safe, so he jumped in the corner and put up a shield. The Dark King got closer, which made more pressure on him. "I'm sorry, I couldn't save the world dad. Maybe Luna was right. Maybe I wasn't ready, but it's too late now. I might as well let myself die." He thought to himself. "No, David. Don't give up just yet." A sweet and gentle voice said. "Who are you?" He asked. "That does not matter now. All that matters is that you need to dig deep. There you will find the power your father and I gave you." The voice said.

"Ok, well thank you." "Now go, go back to your father and Luna." The voice said. "Wait, how do you know my..." before he could finish, the voice was gone, and he was back to the scene from before, where the dark King was getting closer. All of a sudden, a click went off in David's head, and made him get a power like he's never felt before. He stood up and pushed the Dark King back. David punched the Dark King in the stomach, then did an upper cut. "Let's take this outside, shall we?" he said. They fought for a long time, then the Dark King was on his knees. David started glowing. He made a giant ball of light, he used up all the power he all had, and he started to grow weak, but no. he pressed on. He used some of his life energy, which was the thing that made him live.

He had enough strength to throw the giant ball of light. Before he did, he saw the dark King wanted to say something. "Don't do this. come with me... cough...be a son of the Dark." The Dark King said. David shook his head. "No! I will never give into you, do you know why!?" he yelled. "Why...cough...cough." the Dark King said faintly while coughing up blood. "Because I am the son of light!" he yelled as he threw the giant ball of light. The impact was so heavy with the darkness there was a big explosion. He was just far enough to avoid it, but from using all his energy, he passed out anyway. What he didn't know was that Luna had recovered, and saw the whole thing. She was too weak to fly, so his father flew up and caught him. "You did it, my son. You did it!" he said to him as he flew down. Luna ran to his side and helped his father carry him inside. They laid him down in his bed, and saw that he was breathing, but not waking up. "What's wrong with him?" Luna asked. His father didn't know, so they got the doctor from the city to come and examine him.
"What's wrong with him, doctor?" his father asked. The doctor shook his head. Even the doctor didn't know. There was this guy the King knew that knows all about these kinds of things. So he told his guards to go get him. While they waited. David's brother peeked in and out from time to time, then he peeked in one last time. Luna was done with his brother, mocking her and his maybe dead brother. "Excuse me, your highness." She said as she walked out of the room to talk to Tyler. She closed the door so the King wouldn't hear them argue. "What the heck is your problem!" she yelled. "Nothing, I'm just concerned about my loving brother. that's all." "Sure you are. You're not worried. You wanted this to happen! I see the way you look at him."
"How dare you speak against me?" "Shut up, you're just jealous that you don't have as much of daddy's love anymore!" Luna said as she went back inside.
After a little while, the guy came into the room. He examined David. He sighed and shook his head, and finally, he spoke up. "I know what's wrong with him." "What's wrong?" the King asked. "David is in, what we call, an angels sleep. he's in this because he used some of his life energy." "Well, what does this thing do?" Luna asked. "David is in a deep sleep. The angels sleep lets his life energy regenerate." The guy explained. "So how long will he be in the angels sleep?" "It's hard to say. he used up so much of his energy... he may not wake up at all.

THE END

For now