Chapter 12 Sacrifice

After a...rocky night's sleep the three of our little hero's started walking again. They felt the power all full and ready to burst out. They weren't sure what the official plan was, but they were confident. Finally, after another hour or two, the castle was in sight. They decided to stop to go over the plan one more time just to be sure. They rested awhile before what could possibly be their last rest before facing all those guards, so they sat on a high rock to get the higher view.

"Hey, so David?" Luna said. "Yeah?" "What were you saying to me back at the dance, before, you know...everything started to go wrong? Oh, yeah. And when you said nothing would go wrong you totally jinxed it." "Oh! I uh..." he blushed. "It was nothing important, really. I guess I just wanted to say I'm sorry for that little argument we had back at my house." "Oh, that. Well, it's ok. You were just a little frustrated. I know what it's like to be frustrated." "You do?" "No, I'm an Angel. Angels don't get frustrated" "Ha ha, very funny" "I know that's not what you wanted to tell me at the dance. I can tell your fibbing."

"Um how do you know I'm fibbing?" "Really, David? I'm an angel. I can tell that your fibbing, now what did you want to tell me before we got interrupted!" "Well, since you're not going to get off the subject, I'll just tell you Luna...I....L." ''Come on, let's go. We are running out of time!'' Amy said. Luna looked at David and walked away. ''I don't know why we keep getting interrupted, it's like not even possible to get interrupted so many times'' he said under his breath. By the time they got to the castle it was almost dark, well more dark than usual.

''Well, here we are the dark castle. We need a way to get inside.'' ''Well, you could fly around and find a window into the throne room, and then open it quietly, then come back and tell us if you found it or not.'' David said. They both looked at him. With a shocked look, like they wouldn't even think of it. ''What, it's just a suggestion.'' He said. ''It's brilliant'' Luna said. ''Ok, so who's going to fly around and look for the window?'' ''I guess I'll do it. Besides, I fly faster.'' Amy said. ''Shut up, Amy, and just go!'' David said. ''Ok, ok. She said as she flew away. A few minutes later Amy came back with good news and bad news. ''Hey, guys. I have good news and bad news.'' ''Ok, what's the good news?'' David asked. ''There is a window in the throne room.'' ''That's great, what's the bad news?'' ''I chipped a nail in the process!'' ''Really?'' Luna said. ''Hey you may not care about your nails. But I do!'' Luna Sighed "You can fix it when we get to the light city. Now, let's go!'' ''Ok...ok, god you're so bossy'' Amy said.

They took David by the shoulders and flew him to the window. Amy found Luna, took out her sword, and cut into the glass and made fall forward. They slipped in, and caught the glass before it hit the ground. They set down the glass gently without making a sound. ''Ok we're in, now where is that portal you were talking about?'' David asked. ''I sensed a portal on top of his throne.'' Amy said. ''Am I the only one that does not see a portal!'' David said. ''Of Course you don't see it, it's hidden. I'm going to use my magic ribbons to reveal the portal.''

Back in the king's room, he was watching them through the magic mirror. ''Ah, I see we have unexpected guests. Guard, let's give them our most horrid greeting.'' Back in the throne room, the portal was revealed, although it didn't look like a regular portal. ''A mirror? The portal is a mirror, weird.'' David said. ''So how do we activate it?'' Amy asked. Luna pressed a button and the portal turned on like magic. ''Like that!'' Luna said. They were about to jump in until they heard a bang at the door.

''Oh, no! The King must have been watching us the whole time!'' Luna yelled as she blocked the door. ''Get in the portal first, David!'' Amy said. David went in the portal, followed by Amy, then finally Luna, by the time they all went into the portal, all the guards came flooding into the throne room. They broke the portal in frustration. ''You fools! You broke our only way to finding them!'' ''Sorry, boss. We were just so mad. Did you even know that portal was there? The guard asked. ''No, I did not know. If I had known I would have used or destroyed the portal long ago!" he yelled. "Well, do you at least know where the portal leads?" one of the knights asked. "Well, the portal must lead to the light city or they wouldn't have jumped in would they?!" The King said with an attitude. "Well, they must have been desperate to get out of this place. I mean, I wouldn't blame them, this place is so dark and miserable." One of the knights said. "I should vaporise you right now, but I need all the knights I can create. We will have war, but let's make it a fair fight." The King said.

"What do you mean, sir?" "We saw that his powers partly work, so we will give him time to build up his power so he can face me." The King explained. "Are you being nice? No, I just want it to be legendary, I want the whole universe to know me as the King who defeated the son of light. That will show people not to mess with me, now come. It is time for our daily bonding time as King and knights." The King said. "Yes sir!" all the knights said.

Back with our heroes, they were flying through the portal. Luna and Amy were flying with grace, like they were professionals. Meanwhile, David was flying all over the place. "Whoa....I feel like one of those guys I see on TV doing crack. Whoa. Help. Ah, I feel sick, it's so colorful!" He said. When it felt like the portal was going to go on forever, they finally reached the end, everything went black...apparently, when Luna and Amy jumped out of the portal, David landed on his head.

"Hey David you ok?" David Groaned "Yeah, I'm fine. Where did the portal take us?" he asked. "Home" Luna said. David stood up and looked in awe. "David welcome to your home, the light city!" Luna said with pride.