Chapter 15 the light and dark

The next morning wasn't like the last. It was darker than David remembered. He jumped out of bed and looked out of the window. It was raining. He didn't remember Luna saying anything about rain on the planet. "I wonder what's going on. Luna didn't say anything about rain on the planet, and where is everyone?" he wondered. He got changed and went down stairs. It was empty, it was like a ghost town in the halls. He went to the dining room to see if his dad was there with breakfast. No one was there. "Hello?" he yelled out. It was so empty there was an echo after his hello.

"Where is everybody?" he wondered. He decided to go out to the garden to look if anyone was there. He found an umbrella and headed outside. He hadn't been out there for more than 3 seconds, and his umbrella melted. "What the hell! Acid rain?! Well I guess stuff is different around here." He said while slowly walking back inside. He went inside the kitchen to find breakfast. He found an apple, and a few cheese strings. "Well, not a royal breakfast, but it will do." He said to himself. After eating a semi satisfying breakfast, he walked around to find people.

A few minutes later, he made his way to the top of the castle, which was the observatory. He found his dad and his brother looking in the giant telescope. "Dad?!" "Ah, David. You're finally awake. What took you so long?" "Oh, I don't know. I couldn't find anyone. A note would have been nice!' he said. "That's strange. I told your brother to write you a note to tell you that we were up here." They both looked at Tyler. "Whoops, I must have forgot." He said. "How can you forget to write your brother a note? He could have gone in the rain to look for us." "Oh, come on. He wouldn't be stupid enough to go out in the rain to look for us!" Tyler said back. "You know what, I'd better not tell them that I went outside." He thought to himself. "Anyway, so what's going on?" David asked. "Apparently, the Dark King is preparing for war. He's coming tonight, and you need to defeat him once and for all before he hurts anyone else." "Wait what do you mean anyone else, who else did he hurt? David asked. "She was caught off guard. She was just in the garden collecting flowers for the dining room table...." there was a long pause his father looked like he was tearing up but he held them back. "Dad?" David said. The King sighed. "David." The King looked at David sternly. "The Dark King killed your mother." He said. "Oh, no! I'm so sorry dad!" David said while patting him on the back.

"It's ok, son. As long as I have you and your brother, it's like your mother is already here with me. Now come, we have more training to do. Tyler, keep an eye on the telescope, and let us know when they're in the perimeter." he instructed. "Yes sir." Tyler responded. As David and their dad exited the observatory, Tyler was mumbling to himself. "I don't even know why we have to fight them, their cool, I think if we give them a chance, they can help this god forsaken place." Later on the acid rain stopped, and Luna rushed right over. She kept thinking about if David was ok. Also her family.

The Dark Army was arriving. They were getting ready to make a stand. When Luna entered David's room, his father was helping him transform. They didn't have enough time to cover that part. "David?" Luna said as she entered the room. "Luna! You're ok!" he said with a happy tone. "Yeah, I'm ok, but what are you doing?" "I'm getting ready to avenge my mother's death. I am also doing what I was born to do. Defend my home." He said. "You're not ready! You've only had two days of training! You can't fight a whole Army by yourself!" Luna said. "It's ok, Luna. He's ready. He's got a handle of everything. He's a fast learner." The King said. While they were talking, David tried to transform on his own, but he crashed on his butt. "Well, got most of it at least. Trust me on this, he's ready." He said as he put his hand on her shoulder. She looked at David then back at the King. The King nodded in conformation. "Ok, you know what's best. Besides, I'll be fighting too. He'll need all the help he can get." Luna said in agreement. So she helped him transform, and they all headed outside to face the long known threat that haunted his father for years. Back with the Dark King, he was in the control room watching his once known home get closer and closer.

"Sir we are approaching the target!" one of his pilots said. "Good. Do you see them preparing?" "No, sir. They are just standing there waiting for the Kings command." The pilot responded. "I see. Well, it seem we have reached our final battle, men. If we don't make it, it was a pleasure for you to work with me, I'm sure." All the guards looked at each other, exchanging blank faces like they didn't know what he was talking about. "Well, was it a pleasure?!" the King yelled. "Yes sir." All the knights said. "Good, now let's show the light that the dark rules!"

Back with the Light king, he gave them the same speech. "Now let's show the dark that the light will always win!" the Light King said. "The final battle begins now!" Both of the Kings said. As the enemy came closer, Tyler was still in the observatory watching the ship come closer. "Yes, father. Come. Come and take me home!" Tyler said with an evil tone. The final battle between the light and the dark begins!