Chapter 8 far from home

"Uh, Dad?" David was having bad dream. "David, my son. Come to me!" "Come to me". "I'm coming, dad. I'm coming. Where are you?" "The dark kingdom. Come find me, I want to be with my son" "I'm coming dad! Luna came rushing into his room. "David?" "David, wake up, wake up! "Huh? What happened?" "You had a nightmare!" "I need to go home, I need to see my father! "He said trying to catch his breath. "Yes, we will see him the day after tomorrow. Remember, you know. After you take me to the dance."

"No, I can't wait any longer. He talked to me in a dream he said something to me, and I can't remember! Why can't I remember? What's wrong with me?" He said as he ran out of his room. A few moments later, Luna joined him outside and sat beside him. "Are you ok?" "No Luna I want to go home" "You are home" "No, not my fake home, not my fake parents, not my fake life, I want to see my real dad. Where I really belong...when I was young, I felt like I didn't belong here in the first place, and now I know it was my gut telling me to go home, but I didn't listen." He explained. "Sigh... you will be home soon enough, David. You just have to wait." She said quietly.

"I know you're trying to help me, Luna. But it's not working, so can you just go. I need to be alone!" he said strongly. "Of course" She got up and spread her wings. "I'll see you around, David" she said. She flew away, and as the wind hit her face like a slap, a tear went down her face. David watched as she flew away, then a big heap of guilt hit him. "Son?" "Oh, hi dad. Sorry, did my yelling wake you?" "No, I was in the kitchen the whole time. I heard what you said to Luna, and I think you should say sorry when you get to school tomorrow."

"I know, dad. I just needed to get off some anger, and I sent it to the wrong person. I love her, dad, but I think I just made her sad." "You did. As she flew off, I saw a tear fall from her eye. You know what that means?" "That she probably thinks I'm a jerk now." "No that means she has feelings for you to." "But how is that possible, I met her a week ago?" "She's been watching over you her entire life. When your real father needed a break she took over for him." "I didn't know that now, I feel really bad" "Well, why don't you get a gift for her, to tell her that you're sorry and you love her" "No, I'll save the 'I love you' part for the dance. I'll say I'm sorry at school tomorrow. Thanks dad, I'm going back to bed. Goodnight, thanks for the advice." "Any time, son. Any time"

The next morning, David walked to school alone to think about what to say to Luna when she got to school. "I'll pass her a note at lunch to tell her to meet me on the roof, and I'll set up a nice picnic. Yeah, that's good man. I never knew I had a romantic bone in me...weird. Maybe Danny was right about me shutting myself away from the world. Whoa, did I just say Danny was right about something? That's a weird thought." David ran to school so confident in his plan to say sorry to Luna, but to his surprise, she wasn't there, so he sat down thinking that she would come in through the window again, so he sat in the seat closest to the window and waited for her.

When school started, she had not come through the window. David was worried. She would never skip school. Something was wrong. All day, he waited. Then lunch time came. He sat with Danny, and picked at his food, feeling lower than ever. "Come with me." Linda whispered in his ear. He got up and followed her up to the roof. "What do you want, Linda? He asked. "I wanted to show you something, something that you love so dear." She said as she looked the door. "What are you doing?" "I wanted to tell you how much I love you, and I don't want anyone to disturb us in talking. I was wondering if you felt the same way."

"Well...I" "Shh I know you do. All you have to do is look into my eyes and tell me that you do and I will believe you." "All I have to do is look in your eyes?" "Yes just look into my eyes. Meanwhile, at the top of a nearby building, Luna was thinking that she was making David's life miserable. She was thinking she should just leave and make David forget all of it. But, she had a mission to complete. Her choice was final. She flew quickly to school to tell him, when she got there, lunch was almost finished. She burst into the lunch room and found Danny sitting there with a cross face. "Struck out again, Danny?" she said behind him.

"Luna, no. I'm just mad David ditched me for that tramp, Linda" he said. "Linda! ...gasp. Where did they go? She said shaking him" "Upstairs to the roof, why?" "I fear he may be in danger. Come on, we have to hurry" they ran upstairs. She tried to open the door. "Damn it! It's locked. Stand back, Danny!" she made her sword appear and she sliced the lock off. "David!" Luna yelled. "Luna, I was so worried about you" he said. "I knew you'd come, that's why I brought reinforcements.

The same shock of pain went through David's head, like the first time he saw a shadow monster. He fell to his knees. "David? What's wrong" "Shad -Shadow monsters!" three shadow monsters appeared beside Linda. "Danny, get David inside to safety. I'll deal with shadow monsters" "Ok!" "No, I want to stay here to help you" David said faintly. "You will help me by staying safe" she said as she sealed the door shut. Linda pulled out a whip and whipped her in the face. "Ow, that's not fair!" "I'm not here for you, I'm here for David. To bring him back to my own master." "You will not succeed".

By the time David was back to normal, Luna was on her knees about to be destroyed. She could hear David banging on the door, trying to break it. She was ready to die, until she saw a hammer knock Linda on the head. "Huh?" "I'm back!" "Amy?'