Chapter 10: Emotional Support

(No ones POV)

(y/n): That is what happened... I am very sorry.

You invited Iida to Nezu's office to inform him about what happened to his brother, Tensei. You did your best to make the hit more soft for him but is not easy to tell someone that their older brother got brutally attacked and now they'll be spending their rest of their lives in a wheel chair...
You were sitting right next to Iida, resting a hand on his shoulder. He was looking at the ground with some tears falling from his eyes.

Iida: This... This can't be...

Iida was in denial. He couldn't believe that a villain would be able to put his brother in such state. On his eyes, his brother was everything Iida wanted to be and now... Now that goal was laying on top of a hospital bed ready for a surgery... It was beyond devastating.
You were unsure of what to say to cheer him up. 

(y/n)(mind): What would All Might do...?

An image of All Might flexing popped in your mind. You quickly shaked your head forgetting about that image.

(y/n)(mind): That doesn't help... What would Aizawa do?

You thought about it for a moment and between flexing or using the rational option... The answer was clear.

(y/n): Iida... You should be happy.

This choice of words made Iida clench his fists, making him jump from sadness to anger.

Iida: Happy?! How could I be happy about this?!

(y/n): Because your brother is still alive... Not like my sister.

This made Iida stop for a second. Not many knew about that incident... You were not only trying to help Iida feel better, you were also opening yourself and sharing your own pain.

(y/n): When I was young, a bit younger than you, my sister was killed by a gang of criminals... I always blamed myself for that, even when in her last words she told me that it was not my fault.

Iida was shocked to hear that. 

Iida: Professor... I-

(y/n): You could say that my sister's loss was what turned me into what I am today.

You said while interrupted Iida. There was some truth in those words. After losing your sister, you never thought about caring about the safety of criminals and villains. Why should you care about them? They were the pieces of scum that killed one of the small bits of happyness in your life...

(y/n): Iida...

You said while getting up from your seat.

Iida: Y-Yes, professor (y/n)?

(y/n): Your brother's hero career might have ended... But you still have your brother next to you. You'll still be able to share many years of joy, sadness and love with Tensei. It's okay to cry now... But don't let that sadness devour you. For the next few months your brother will need you more than ever and I don't think he would want to see his younger brother crying rivers every time he comes to visit.

Iida looked up at you. He thought about your words for a moment and realized what you were trying to tell him.

Iida: I... I understand.

Iida got up from his chair and respectfully bowed in front of you.

Iida: Thank you for your words of wisdom, professor (y/n)!

Iida yelled on top of his lungs. 

(y/n): H-Hey... Don't be so formal. Is not my style.

Iida: Understood!