In Jisoo's Eyes

Jisoo

4:28AM, 2 minutes before her mother would barge in the door with tired eyes from the night shift that she juggled well for owning a 24-hour café all on her own. As if timed, the door knob unlocked, and Jisoo had just set the table for them to eat. 4:30AM is an odd hour to be awake and eating, but Jisoo knew she had always been an odd one, other than the fact that she flunks her test like any other normal high school teenager. She happily ate breakfast with her mother who's just having her microwaved dinner before she goes to sleep like a log.

It was 5AM and Jisoo had just finished washing the dishes after she tucked her mother in bed to sleep. The motherly gesture is something Dara, her mother, would always laugh at but it wouldn't not make sense as their ages aren't that far apart. Getting pregnant at 18 may have taken her youth but she did feel youthful for being in the age where she could still relate to her teenage daughter, almost like best friends.

3 hours before her class, Jisoo opted to reading her book. Although tempting, going back to sleep would only make things harder for a sleepyhead like her. That one time she decided to go back to sleep, she ended up waking up at 9:00AM, unlucky as she had a quiz on her first period which already ended by that time.

Spending the first 1.5 hours would normally vary between reading, cleaning, or continuing homework. She'd sometimes even watch TV. It was any activity just so she could digest her breakfast for 1.5 hours, because once the clock hits 6:30AM, she'd take out her running shoes to do jog-sprints. Jisoo obtained this habit from being in a theater troop once. She believes the reason how she got there was petty and worthless, but she did learn a lot of things from a whole semester of being their member. Quitting the troop was freedom to her, but there were certain habits she couldn't get rid of, like her morning jog-sprint that lasts for 30 minutes. The routine stuck too much with her body, so much to the point where she vomited after not doing it for a week. Bringing back the jog-sprint to her schedule somehow removed the vomiting, and now she's stuck to doing it every day. She didn't dare question how it relieved her body. It's better than spending money to get a check up

Jisoo showered and dressed up, all ready for school at 7:15AM. It was a 15-minute walk, and it could be 10 minutes if she doesn't go around to pick up her friend Chaeyoung. Today, however, is just like any other day where she goes to her house to go to school together.

Chaeyoung was a year younger than her, not for the reason of the chipmunk (as Jisoo thinks what she resembles) being advanced, but because Jisoo was held back for a year. Being held back for a year kicked in Jisoo's social anxiety, because it was horrifying to do a peer-finding session all over again. But Chaeyoung had warmed up to her on their very first meeting, removing all Jisoo's worry and insecurities, as they've been together ever since.

Their friendship is undoubtedly one of the things Jisoo treasures the most. The bond that they've been strengthening for 4 years is only going stronger day by day, to the point where both couldn't imagine a life, a future, without each other. It wasn't exactly an intimate kind of relationship, but it wasn't petty either. It was just a beautiful friendship that blossomed under the most unexpected circumstances.

Unlike Jisoo, Chaeyoung had some things different, like being in the choir and helping the church sometimes. She's also seen as a very pretty and refreshing girl, sometimes coloring her hair in the range of blonde and red. She's smart and known to be a capable leader. She would always get an invitation to run for a position in the student council, which she'd turn down as she believed that someone else is more deserving of the position. People loved her and she had always been the ideal one who spontaneously get something exciting in her life, love confessions are a given. Very, very, very unlike Jisoo.