Obedient

Jisoo

Jisoo doesn't know how, but she somehow landed an alone time with Jennie. Well, it wasn't an alone time worthy enough of calling it a date considering they'll be spending their time studying, but they're going to be together, alone, nobody else and in the corner of the Library, nonetheless.

It wasn't finals week yet and not a lot of students would visit the library on a humble Thursday. Jisoo had asked Jennie to bring her laptop so she could better understand the concept of getting the covariance between two variables and Jennie seemed more keen on studying than anything else at that moment

Though, occasionally, they would ask each other something rather personal, like which professor they find hard to be taught by or their go to study snacks. Just something to get to know each other like how you would engage in casual conversations with a classmate- and Jisoo knew that.

But she can't exactly help that her heart's beating out of her chest whenever Jennie leans in on her out of excitement when Jisoo happens to answer something Jennie's fond of. And as if bad luck (or luck?) is on her side- they have way too many things in common, hence the frequent leaning and gushing

The only room to breathe she has is when Jennie intends to focus back on studying, which she's glad (and inwardly disheartened) that Jennie's starting get more and more immersed in understanding the subject.

As they were peacefully studying, Jisoo hears an all too familiar footstep. She didn't want to look up, afraid to get noticed- praying to God he doesn't notice them at the peaceful library corner but alas, she feels him sit on Jennie's side, ready to disturb their alone time.

"Hey Pretty~" Kai starts flirtatiously while looking at Jennie who simply nods at him in acknowledgment "Statistics? I'm pretty good at that you know. You could've asked me to teach you"

Jennie drops her pen, obviously feeling annoyed at his presence as she doesn't spare the chance to give him obvious signs of it "Thanks for the offer Kai, but Jisoo here is already teaching me" Jennie looks over to her, who suddenly felt flustered at the attention "In fact she's more than enough as a tutor"

It wasn't enough to stop Kai though "Oh come on, I can help you out." He leans over to her, almost invading her space, and it doesn't help that they can feel Kai's fans sending daggered stares at their table, making sure Jennie appreciates Kai's helping hand.

Jennie could only let him be. She's had enough for today, what on top with the play at hand and the quiz and the school festival and the council project to improvise- well you get it. She has a lot in mind and adding dealing with the wrath of Kai's fans isn't going to make things any better for her.

And Jisoo herself couldn't keep it in much longer.

"Kai" Jisoo starts, much to the startle of the two. It sounded a bit warm, but very firm and loud- and it earned a puzzled look on Jennie's face, "We're studying. We'd really appreciate if you give us alone time"

Kai on the other hand just looked at her, and then smirked at Jisoo before standing up

"Y'know what, I'm feeling nice today so I'll give this time to you and comply" Kai says, before leaving Jisoo in disbelief and Jennie in utter confusion.

"What the fuck?" She hears Jennie mumble under her breath. She turns to the older with a surprised look "It was that easy?!" Jisoo only smiled at the rhetoric.

"What was that, Jisoo?" Jennie asks as soon as they saw him walk out of the building.

"Let's just say I know how to handle him" She answers with a reassuring smile, "I'm sorry though. I can't exactly control everything he does when he bothers you. He only listens to me when he feels like it"

Jisoo knew the way Jennie looked at her was filled with questions. No one has ever seen them talk at school, not even Chaeyoung. But the way Jisoo brought up going back to statistics was enough of a hint that Jisoo didn't want to talk about it, not like they're close enough for that discussion. Besides, what Kai and Jisoo knows about each other is something pretty... rough.

The important thing is, they finally got rid of him and the preying eyes just a few tables away from them

"Let's get back to getting the alpha, shall we?"