Quality Time

It was another day of them coming to the library to review statistics after class. For the past few days they'd spent meeting for the play, eating together at lunch, and reviewing at the library, it was undeniable that they had grown closer. Jisoo found it easy to get along with her, and she was hoping Jennie did too.

But seeing the younger laugh and smile at the lamest attempt to humor that Jisoo does reassures her that she enjoys her company as much as she does.

"Hey Jisoo" Jennie starts. They were in the middle of reviewing for Jennie's upcoming quiz and they had just taken a short break

"Hm?" Jisoo looks up to her with a pursed smile and a tilt in her head at an angle enough to come off friendly

"Why haven't you appeared at the community theater anymore?" The question certainly caught Jisoo off guard. She could count in 1 hand the amount of people who knew she was part of the troupe— and it has now extended to 2 knowing now that Jennie also knew. Jennie decides to speak again after seeing the older pause in shock as if her biggest secret has been revealed "I watched it months ago. After our ruined winter play, I decided to simply take inspiration and watch the local community play. I heard some seniors who graduated here would go there as a stepping stone to their career— so guess the shock I had when I saw you being the lead actress?"

"God, it wasn't even part of my plan. I did that play against my will!" Jisoo replies as she holds her palm against her face in embarrassment

"I can't lie though, I almost didn't recognize you! It was your voice that totally gave you away though"

"I hated the troupe but I loved it at the same time. I only did it cuz I was under probation and needed to do community service though, so I was acting mostly with my school in mind" The older continued with a pout and Jennie chuckles at it

"I almost forgot you were suspened for kicking Kai in the shin while calling him an "Absolute Idiot!"" Jennie laughs at the memory, and Jisoo could only once again hide behind the safety of her palm

"Well he is!" Before Jennie could further ask about it again, Jisoo asks "Wait, does that mean you knew I had theater experience so you trusted Kangaproof to let me direct the play?"

Jennie smirks at the question, "Wrong~" she playfully answers. She leans in on the older who sat across her, donning a mocking smirk  "You know I came back to the community theater's next play just to see you again!" The older blushes and unconsciously looked away "Soon enough I found out you quit, but I was too fascinated with your acting that I was the one who recommended you to Professor Kang"

Jisoo felt her heart beat erratically. She didn't think Jennie would think of her like that. Well, a part of her on stage that is. But still, it was enough to send Jisoo in a spiraling emotional mess.

"Well it turned out for the better cuz I really needed that help so I don't end up spending my summer doing remedials" Jisoo opted to reply

"Well to me it turned out for the best cuz I got to have a statistics tutor for free~" the younger replies with her tongue stuck out

Oh you got me so good Jennie Kim

The time finally came for when they hold the auditions. Unexpectedly (or maybe Jisoo expected it) enough, a lot of people came in. Some auditioned in groups, and some did on their own. It took them almost 6 hours just scheming through almost 60 auditions, and approximately 100 applicants.

It wasn't all that bad for Jisoo though. She got to spend most of it sitting with Jennie, and she wouldn't pass out on the opportunity to freely admire her at work. The younger was especially charming when she's focused— but it's certainly bad when the older gets caught staring one too many times. Thankfully, Jennie just thought Jisoo was very attentive to her opinions, as she so points out once.