Chapter four

Two weeks have passed since that unusual evening. It was unusual because I didn't go to such fancy bars, and I also socialized with a different type of people. Just a normal bar down here or some street races or when one of the evenings was in the arena. Just my environment. Like today.

  Yuki has finally decided to let his loved ones know that he is still alive, so we met up with Mali after he visited his family. But Jasper was still a bit out of the reach. The last time I saw him was like six years ago and I haven't heard of him since then. And Arno was almost unreachable.

  "This place is still the same," Yuki stated as we entered our childhood shelter. His words weren't really right because Mali's plants and flowers took over this entire place. And everything was under the dust.

  Looking at the dilapidated couch, I dismissed the idea of ​​sitting down. All that was left for me to sit on was the table or just to lean on whatever was in there. Since I wasn't in here for a long time I took a look around.

  "How's your granny?"

  Turning my head, I looked at Yuki who was just examining one of the old boxing gloves. Thinking about my last family member who died not that long ago, I answered: "She's cold, I think."

  Yuki gave me a confused look as he raised his brows. Obviously the meaning of my words didn't reach him so he gave me a silent question. But before I could answer, an ant came from the boxing glove in Yuki's hand which made him twitch in surprise. That made me and Mali, who was examining her "art", laugh for not only a short time.

  "She died four years ago," I answered, sighing, when I finally stopped laughing.

  Yuki's eyes instantly widened: "Oh... I'm so sorry."

  "It's okay. It's not like you killed her or something," I shrugged to which Mali cleared her throat as she heard my words and I just grinned at her. After all, what I said was nothing else but the truth.

  Thankfully Mali quickly started paying her attention to her long-forgotten flowers again. Or maybe she used to come here to take care of them, even after we stopped coming here as a group. Who knows. I really had no idea what she was doing except that she was a tattoo artist, her apartment was about as green as this room and that she was in a relationship for a few years already.

  Yuki glanced at the grayish ceiling, to which he shifted his gaze to me: "I'm sorry for cuttin' your hand."

  I could only chuckle as it wasn't that much of his fault as it was mine. And all I could do was to remind him of that: "It's my fault. I was stupid."

  "Yeah. You could lose your hand."

  Sighing, I decided to agree with my old friend: "Yeah, I guess it's been a long time since... uh, my reflexes got a little bad, I guess."

  Yuki shot me a skeptical look but didn't say anything more. And I was glad for that. Even though he had been there when I fought him or any other of our friends in here, it was nothing that serious. He didn't know many things. He wasn't here for a long time, after all.

  "Rayne, are you plannin' to go to that tonight's race?'' asked Mali suddenly. I nodded to which she asked another thing: "Do y'all think that we can meet Jasper there?"

  I shook my head: "I've been there a few times already and I have never seen him. Didn't he run away from here by any chance?"

  That case seemed possible to me. He had quite a lot of arguments with his father, so he could have just packed up and went away. And if he disappeared from this planet, I might never have a chance to see him again. Or he's doing something that made him want to erase us from his life. After all, we didn't know about Yuki either until recently.