Chapter five

As I held up the white sheet with many black words written on it in front of me I sighed. This part of the job was really the most annoying. Some contracts were on a local paper, but most were in electronic form. The paper was not cheap and readily available. The rich sometimes wanted the contract on it so much but I didn't understand why. Maybe they wanted it as a back-up or just liked the expensive sight.

  I got up from my chair and left the office and then headed to the kitchen, where I also reached in a few seconds. I put the tablet-like-electronic device on the kitchen counter and started to prepare something to drink, only to realize something important after a pretty short moment.

  As I put the gray mug down I went to look at the couch. It was empty. I frowned as I didn't remember anyone leaving this floor. However, on the other hand, I should have been happy, after all, I had one thing less to worry about.

  Unfortunately, when I turned back and wanted to continue in my work as before, the one, who was supposed to be lying on that couch before, appeared in my field of vision. Or he should at least look like how much he drank the night before so I could at least laugh at him.

  I looked down from his messy curly slightly wet hair to the black pants he was wearing yesterday. He had nothing else besides them. I raised my eyebrows inquiringly: "Can't you get dressed or something?"

  Damien chuckled and threw the white towel he had been holding in his hand the whole time over his shoulder: "My clothes aren't in a very good condition."

  I shook my head at him with a sigh while overcoming the fact that he acted like he owned this place. Maybe the clothes were a little rumpled, but one wouldn't be able to tell after a while and more-over he just needed them to get back to his home. I didn't understand why he couldn't just wear the same outfit two days in a row. Snobbish idiot.

  "Well, good luck on your way back. A lot of people will be staring," I warned him and picked up the mug again. I poured the sachet I had taken out of the box into it and then I poured some hot water over. It wasn't coffee, but there was definitely some caffeine in it because this thing kept me awake a little more.

  I picked up the mug and the tablet to which walked around him. I was heading back to the office and wasn't going to pay him any more attention. I already felt that I had done more than enough, after all. That's why I sat down in my armchair again and got back to work.

  I was checking the information on the screen in front of me and adding some more when I sensed the presence of another person in the not very big room. So I looked up at the uninvited Damien who was surveying my very modest office.

  I placed the tablet on the desk and leaned back firmly as I raised my eyebrows in a quiet question at the person in front of me. However, he kept walking around some more before sitting down on the dark brown couch. I doubted that it was comfortable for him to sit there given his social position. This place lacked some... qualities, after all. Like a good couch.

  "Didn't I make it clear enough? You can go," I spoke after a moment when it was clear to me that he wasn't going to say anything.

  Damien rolled his eyes at me and chuckled, "Didn't you say everyone would be staring at me in this state?"

  "Yeah, but that's not my problem," I shrugged and shifted my attention back to my work. I wasn't in the mood for this. Him. Ever since we met, actually. He pissed me off. I had no idea why, but it was like that. Sometimes someone like that - an idiot who just pissed me off for no reason - just made me angry, again for no reason.

  I was only pulled out of my concentration on the information in front of me when I saw a movement close in front of me. Annoyed, I looked up at Damien, who was now standing with his hands on my desk.