Chapter six

The following days I felt like banging my head against a wall every time I remembered a certain moment or saw any near wall. It was completely pulling me towards that wall, calling out to me to meet it head on.

  Unfortunately, I didn't do it and instead I sat on the chair behind my desk and dealt with the paperwork again. I didn't pay too much attention to the documents I was looking at because I was more wondering how my plan to flirt a little at the club turned into... what it turned into. Unplanned kiss with a first class guy who I had to admit looked quite nice in that white shirt. And not just that. I wasn't an expert on fashion but he was pretty fashionable.

  "Rayne!" Dami exclaimed happily when I accidentally answered her call. Maybe I could explain that the incoming call suddenly appeared in my field of vision and before I could think, I answered it because I wanted to move the document on the tablet screen in front of me.

  "Hey," I greeted her.

  Dami paused for a moment, probably because of my expression, but then her smile widened as she continued: "How was your night at the club?"

  I raised my eyebrows in incomprehension. It wasn't that I didn't understand her question, but I was more surprised that she was asking me such a thing after a whole three days. She definitely didn't have a hangover for that long, that probably wouldn't be physically possible.

  "Good."

  "You don't sound happy tho," Dami said and I chuckled.

  I leaned back in my chair with raised eyebrows: "Was that the reason for this call? You wanted to know if I had fun?"

  "No," Dami laughed and after thinking for a short moment she continued: "My friend Izumi asked me about you and she would like to meet you sometime."

  I furrowed my brows. Sometimes I was surprised how she knew almost every person I came across. Just like Zayd. But what was crucial now was the rest of the sentence she told me. So I asked, confused:

  "Like a date?"

  Dami gave me an expression as if she was asking me if I was stupid and then she started looking for something. I rolled my eyes and waited for her to find the item, which happened after a little while and I could see that she was looking at some piece of paper. Snobs.

  "Should I give you her contact information? If you want to."

  I sighed: "You do realize that I treat girls like a gentleman and this girl lives a pretty rich life so she would ruin me?"

  "Wow, that was a long monologue," Dami laughed, ignoring the meaning of my words.

  I wanted to say something to her, however, there was a knock on the office door and a hundredth later Chris was already in the room. I raised my eyebrow in a quiet question at him and completely forgot about the call I hadn't finished yet.

  "Friend of yours was here and she was saying something about Jasper and the arena."

  In a confusion I furrowed my brows before the meaning of his words dawned on me. I immediately widened my eyes at Chris, who was still standing by the door and who had something else on his mind:

  "By the way, we're done for today with Hideaki."

  I nodded and watched him leave. Then I shifted my gaze to the hologram in the form of Dami, who was looking at me, interested: "What happened?"

  I shook my head: "Nothing serious. And feel free to send me the contact information. I'll think about it. Or you can send mine to her, instead."

  Dami nodded slowly but seemed a little disappointed. It was either because I didn't tell her what seemed to be the problem Chris talked about or because of my excitement to meet her friend. Or it was both.