Chapter ten

As more time filled up, the days dwindled even faster and before I knew it, the last day of the year arrived. And my dear birthday. And even then, for a while I felt as if someone was following me, when I was on my way to the club where I had an appointment with my friends.

  Chris wanted to celebrate the special holiday with his family, so he didn't go with us, but there were still enough of us, because Arno also decided to go. And that's how we agreed to visit one of the better clubs when the opportunity arose.

  I dug my hands deeper into the pockets of my black pants and turned the corner where, like most of the city, there were a lot of people. Nevertheless, these were in front of my neon-lit destination, and among them were my friends.

  With a nod, I greeted everyone who had already arrived when I reached them, to which they returned the greeting. We stayed in our little circle to wait for the rest, which consisted of Arno and Jasper.

  When the two finally arrived, we all made our way together into the bowels of the club, where the music was playing quite loud and the multicolored lights were flashing from one side to the other above the heads of the dancing bodies.

  The first stop was at a festively decorated bar, where everyone except Mali had a starter shot. The named one just clicked her glass with us with some lemonade, after which she grabbed Elias and dragged him to the dance floor.

  I gave them one look with a laugh as I took my glass of whiskey from the barman in a kind of festive outfit. I then turned to the rest of the group, who began to discuss what kind of girls they liked in here.

  Rather, I shook my head and looked at Yuki, who didn't seem very excited about the topic of conversation, so he was just looking at the contents of his glass. I was glad that the little prince gave him the day off so he could enjoy the last day of the year, too. Though, he didn't seem too excited to be here so far.

  After a while, a group of women appeared near us, the members of which in various interesting and provocative clothes began to cast striking glances, especially at Yuki, who still looked unimpressed. This was taken advantage of by Hideaki, who flirted with everything that was alive.

  I also preferred to pay attention to my golden drink, but that didn't work for me for long. One of the girls started demanding my attention as she appeared in my personal space and put her hand on my shoulder. I gave her a questioning look, to which she immediately responded with a nod of her head towards the dancing bodies: "Shall we dance?"

  I nodded, to which I poured the rest of the contents of the glass into myself and placed it back on the bar. In the next moment, the red-haired woman was already dragging me between a crowd of people, where she stopped and turned to me, after which she put her hands on my shoulders in such a way that she came quite dangerously close to me.

  Smirking to myself, I put my hand on her slim waist, to which we both started to move to the rhythm of the not-so-slow music, while colored lights flashed above us and here and there someone accidentally bumped into us. But I passed on that because I was just going to have fun that evening.

Mali and Elias had left us not so long after, saying that they still wanted to walk around the city and have something to eat, while the rest of us had not yet planned to end up at our current location. Or maybe the club was too much for a pregnant woman in Mali's stage and the outside would be overly better.

  I looked towards the bar, where I wanted to go, but at that moment I rather stopped my steps when I fixed my gaze on a certain person. I had to admit that the black long skirt and some kind of white short top really suited Damien. Which was probably also the reason why some people around him were staring at him.