Chapter nine, part 1

A few days later I still didn't have my clothes back. It was perfectly clear to me that it would be the same just like last time, so I wasn't surprised at all. Although, it really wouldn't hurt Damien to come and return what he borrowed. Maybe he was just lazy.

  However, Zayd played into the offer Damien made when, instead of coming to get his repaired hoverbike, he texted me an address asking me to deliver it there. Fortunately, he promised me that he would pay extra for it, so I thought why not.

  Surprisingly, this business was starting to move to a higher level. After all, most people down here couldn't afford any of those vehicles, so repairs and the like were more for the wealthier. And despite that, our workshop was based down here. That didn't make much sense to me.

  Zayd also offered to help me by saying that he would help me move things forward here in the business. Up. So at first he had the idea that if I didn't want to go to the mechanics at the guards or up there somewhere else, that he would try to arrange a place for me there, but I didn't want to go to those scum, even though interplanetary hovercars and so on didn't sound bad.

  "You can handle it here without me, right?" I asked Hideaki and Chris, who were just having a coffee break, so they were sitting on the stairs to the upper floor with mugs in their hands.

  They both nodded in agreement and I was able to make my way up. Some time before, I had managed to find out the address of Damien's apartment, as I had planned to go there for the borrowed clothes, since I already had a way in that direction.

  I put on a silver helmet that Zayd had left for me with the hoverbike, put my backpack with the documents in the mini-trunk of the hoverbike and got on it. I couldn't help not to smile when I remembered the one I had, the one I dusted off not so long ago.

  I went through the aisles towards the main hovercar runway leading towards the center I needed to get to. It was quite full there considering the approaching evening, as many people had already finished their work shift.

  Before long, I was almost at my destination. All I had to do was to go over the connecting part of the runway to the sky part of the city and fly to the hotel of Zayd's family, in the upper part of which they lived. I was there once, for a business - for my career as a racer. Such a nice luxury rooftop suite with a view of almost the entire city.

  I parked in the parking lot next to the mostly glass building, took out my backpack and then I went to the entrance, which was guarded by security guards. It was pretty clear to me that I didn't have much of a chance of getting in if I came alone, so I explained with a greeting that I would like to see young master Hasegawa. It was horrible to call him that, but I had no choice.

  One of the security guards looked at me strangely and examined me with his gaze, while the other one raised his right hand to his ear and said something, to which he looked at the other: "We have to let her in."

  The one who hadn't spoken so far looked at him questioningly, then at me and then moved out of the way so I could finally walk through the automatic doors into the interior of the luxury building where I made my way to the front desk, but before I could say anything, the receptionist told me to wait.

  After a while, one of Zayd's bodyguards came out of the elevator at the end of the ground floor and walked up to me saying that the young master was already waiting and I should follow him, which I did, rolling my eyes at how he called Zayd after the bodyguard turned and walked back to the elevator.

  After a few minutes, we were finally at the top floor, where I got out right behind the bodyguard. We passed through an expensive looking corridor at the end of which was a tall door made of dark wood with some gold on it, which the tie man opened and let me in with a gesture, where I entered.