3. A Suffering Father

"I'm so tired..." said Eros while lying weakly on the ground...he couldn't move an inch of his body...

"how long did I stay here...was it a day or a week or was it even a year? ...I...Can't remember anymore..." Eros closed his eyes trying to remember... But nothing came to his mind...he was in this place for a very long time...

*COUGH!!!* *COUGH!!!* *COUGH!!!* Eros coughed as he covered his mouth with his hand...his coughs lasted for a very long time... With every cough, Eros felt his heart is about to burst out of his body...he started hitting his chest as hard as he can to let the cough stop...

After many tries, he finally succeeded... He hardly caught his breath...Eros removed his hand from his mouth and stared at his palm...blood was all over it...a bloody taste filled his mouth...

Eros felt it...his end is near... He is dying... His body can't continue...Eros stared at the back of his hand... A black artery was spreading all over it...but that artery was not only in his hand... It was all over his body spreading slowly... Trying to reach his heart...it was a deadly poison...he was sure of that...

"Nelly...Papa is sorry...Papa can't keep his promise...Please forgive him..." Eros's tears fell as he closed his eyes painfully...his body felt heavier with every second that went by...he was in great pain but he didn't care about it in the slightest...what caused his pain was the thought of dying and leaving Penelope alone again...

"Papa... Please don't leave Nelly... Nelly can't do it... Nelly needs papa.. *hic* Papa... Stand up, please... Don't give up..."  Eros heard Penelope's voice talking in his mind...

"NO!! ...I have to stand up... I can't give up... Not until Penelope is safe...stand up... Don't give up... You can't rest...stand up... Nelly needs you... STAND UP!!" Eros tried to stand up... His body ached with pain with every move but he ignored it all... He has to help his Nelly...

Eros fell again and again but he never give up...he tried again and again... His daughter needed him...He needs to be there to help her...

Eros finally stood up with difficulty... His head was spinning around... His eyes were unfocused... He felt he was about to pass out... Eros bit his tongue to keep himself awake...

He started walking slowly trying to find his steps were unsteady...he walked aimlessly not knowing where to go anymore... Searching for demons to slaughter and kill... He doesn't understand why he is doing that but something is urging him to kill them...maybe he can leave this place if he did...

Eros never stopped walking... every time he find a demon he will kill him without showing any mercy...he slaughtered them in cold blood...no matter who was young or old... Male or female... He killed them all... He only cares about his daughter...no one else, not even himself... Only her...

Years went by like this...and Eros never stopped walking...he never took a rest...his mind is just full of one though... He has to save Penelope... No matter what...

Eros finally arrived at his last destination...in front of him, there was a big black castle... His heart felt it... This is where everything will end...

*COUGH!!* *COUGH!!**COUGH!!* this time the coughs were stronger than at any time before... Eros understood... The poison finally reached his heart... He will die for sure this time...

The castle gate was opened and a huge army of demons appeared... They were all wearing heavy armour and holding weapons... Prepared to attack him any second... In front of the army stood another demon... He looked bigger and taller than them all...He was wearing heavy black Armor... holding a big blade...

He shouted something to the demons behind him...even if Eros doesn't understand a word of what he said but he can guess what it was about...that demon was encouraging his army to kill him probably...and looks like it worked...the demon's blood thrust increased... Their glare became more hostile and aggressive...they couldn't wait to kill him...