Nineteen

I didn't mean for us to end up like this: Raelle pressed between me and a ladder, and me taking all my rage out on her in a brutal kiss

I didn't mean for us to end up like this: Raelle pressed between me and a ladder, and me taking all my rage out on her in a brutal kiss. We were supposed to have a civilized conversation, work out our differences, and come to a compromise. I'd spent all evening compiling my thoughts and sorting through the intense emotions to find reason. I was prepared for the battle ahead, but I felt my composure slip the second I laid eyes on the nightgown clinging to her curves. Every carefully crafted argument became jumbled in my head. My words were louder than intended, and I demolished the space we needed to talk things through. Frustration mixed with lust fueled my every move, and it was a volatile combination. And now, I can't stop.

My fingers release her hair and glide down the smooth skin along her neck. I angle her head back further and my tongue slides against hers. The way she tastes... fuck, I love sweet mint. I want to crawl inside her body, to consume her space, to feel her everywhere. Her hips press forward, and the satin of her nightgown has her sliding across my cock.

My palm moves to the front of her throat, holding her in place. She sucks in a breath, breaking our kiss. I watch my thumb stroke the front of her neck, marveling at her soft skin and say, "You come in here acting as if you can stand the thought of my hands on someone else, Raelle."

"I'll do whatever it takes to be with you," she says, her chest heaving as she tries to catch her breath.

I've memorized her body—the freckle under her right breast, the scar under her chin. I can find her pulse without thought, and I know the spot to kiss that makes the sweetest whimpers leave her lips. How can she want me to learn the secrets of someone else's body, to place my hands and mouth on them? The thought sickens me.

I tear my gaze from my hand and meet her eyes. "You will do anything?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow.

"Yes."

The hum of indifference that comes from me is a mask to hide my disappointment. That's not what I want from her. I'm not after her reckless, blind love. We need hard lines, boundaries we will not cross, rules that keep what we share sacred.

I run two fingers over her bottom lip, enthralled by the way the plump, pink skin gives under my touch. "And what will you do during those nights that I'm with my wife?"

"It will be hard. I won't like it, but—" My fingers dip into her mouth, pressing on her tongue to hold in her lie. I don't want to hear how she will deal for the sake of the kingdom, how she will not put up a fight for me when someone else stakes a claim.

"Suck." She follows my order, hollowing her cheeks.

I lean in, pressing my body to hers while working my fingers in and out of her mouth. My lips graze her ear, and my voice drops to a deep rumble as I say, "This is what I'm going to ask her to do to my cock. I will fuck my wife's mouth with my eyes closed, pretending it is you. That's what I'll need if I'm to create an heir with someone besides you."