Chapter 1

A/N - This is my first y/n story and I'm not fully comfortable writing these yet so... Enjoy

-TRIGGER WARNING- 
This story contains: Swearing, Death, Mention of Sa, Cringe Jokes

Y/n P.O.V

I walked with Harry and the Weasleys to platform 9&¾. I listened to Harry and Hermione bicker and Ginny and the Twins giggle. We got to the entrance and lined up to run through. Mrs Weasley stood in front of her children and spoke to them.

"I have to run an errand so I will leave you here. I'll see all of you during the holidays and I love you all."

The Weasley children all chimed back 'Love you mum' and Ron was the first to run through the barrier, followed by Percy, the Twins, Ginny, Hermione and Harry. I took a deep breath and ran towards the barrier. After what happened last year I now had a small spike of anxiety while I was running towards it. I came through to the other side and pushed my cart against the wall. I got my trunk and owl onto the train using a levitation spell and I got on after them. I found Harry in a compartment with Hermione, Ron, Neville, Ginny and Luna. Knocking on the window, I caught Harry's attention and handed him a notebook.

"You forgot it in the car."

Harry rolled his eyes and took it.

"Thanks, I would have died without this."

I laughed and turned to leave when Luna spoke.

"I can leave if you want to sit with Harry. I don't mind."

Luna was so kind.

"No don't worry, I've been stuck with Harry for too long. I'm gonna go find my other friends. See you guys later."

I waved and turned down the hallway. It took me five minutes to find them. There where four of them in the compartment, Blaise Zabini (my best friend since first year), Pansy Parkinson (Blaise's crush), Draco Malfoy (Yes THAT Draco Malfoy) and another boy I didn't recognise. 

"Hello everyone."

They all looked up to greet me, the other with hello's Blaise with a massive spin crushing hug,  and I put my trunk in the overhead compartment and sat down next to Blaise, across from the new guy. 

"How was your holiday y/n?"

Well Harry had blown up my Aunt Marge, resulting in a massive fight with the Dursley's, I almost getting arrested for hexing Dudley, we left home early, saw a weird dog wolf thing following us, found out what the wizard version of a night bus was, stayed in the Leakey Cauldron for a week and I had to save my brother from being attacked by a monster book. I shurgged, 

"Uneventful, how 'bout you?"

"Good."

Blaise rolled his eyes and nudged me hard in the ribs.

"You two aren't the greatest at conversation are you?"

I nudged back hard, earning a small 'oof', and glared at him.

"Well I'm waiting for one of you to have the decency to introduce me to the guy sitting in front of me."

As I said that, the guy in question looked up at me. I took in his face, dark eyes staring into mine. I turned to Blaise, who looked visibly uncomfortable, and asked again. 

"Well?"

The guy reached out a hand and I took it.

"My name's Mattheo, Mattheo Riddle."

My back stiffened and a shiver ran down my spin, my hand going limp in his. I didn't have to question wether they were related or not, I could see the resemblance to the Tom Riddle I had met in the chamber. Calm down y/n, he's not his father. He could be different. Mattheo continued.

"And who are you? You look familiar."

"Y/n. Y/n Potter."

"Oh..."

Mattheo dropped my hand and leant back in his seat. The compartment was awkwardly silent until Blaise's stomach grumbled, causing us to burst out laughing. Blaise looked embarrassed and put a hand on his stomach.

"Sorry, I didn't have breakfast this morning."

As if summoned, the compartment door open and in leant the trolly lady. We ordered a bucket load of food and left it in the middle to share. As Draco and Blaise started to argue about quidditch and Pansy tried to calm them down, I leant back in my chair and sighed. I felt eyes on me and caught Mattheo's stare. He held my gaze until I dropped it and when to looking out the window. It was going to be an interesting year. 

TIME SKIP

The train came to a juddering halt and we all filed out. I took my bag and left my trunk, like we were suppose to, and headed towards the carriages, still shivering about what had happened. There was a mess of students and I lost sight of my friends. Suddenly I felt someone thud into my back. It was Mattheo, so I turned to ask him where the others are.

"Don't know, I could only find you."

Sighing I headed towards a carriage with Mattheo following behind me.  I found an empty one and got in. I sat across from Mattheo and stared out the window so I didn't have to awkwardly stare at him. We waited in silence for a few minutes until Pansy and Blaise entered the carriage. 

"Where were you?"

I asked in annoyance. Pansy looked embarrassed.

"I may have gotten confused and followed the first years."

Blaise stifled a laugh and I tried not to as well but I couldn't help it and burst out laughing. Pansy turned a bright shade of red and buried her head in her hands. Blaise turned to Mattheo and asked,

"Are you just joining the first years in the hall?"

Mattheo nodded and turned back to the window. Not the greatest conversationalist is he. Worse than me and Pansy, ay Blaise? Whatever my guess is Slytherin considering. Mattheo smirked and contained to stare at the scenery. Weird. I started up a conversation with Blaise about the things we'd do this year. All the pranks, parties and fun activities that we had planned. 

We entered the Great Hall and took our seats at the Slytherin table. Mattheo joined the first years at the front of the hall, which looked funny considering he was about a head taller than all of them. McGonagall took her place next to the wooden stool with the sorting hat in her hand, and called on Mattheo.

"Mattheo Riddle, you can come up first as you are joining the third years."

Mattheo P.O.V

I walked up to the stool and the hat was put on my head. 

Ah a Riddle~ Long time since I've had one of you. Bravery is obviously a large part of your  conscience , but there is nothing that would stop me from putting you in Slytherin based on the rest of you. SLYTHERIN!

Not surprising. I'm a Riddle. The Slytherin table cheered and I went to take a seat. The only free one with the third years was next to the Potter girl. Reluctantly I sat and watched as the first years got sorted, not really paying attention.

Ah shit were is it.

Potter's lost something. Why do I keep reading her mind. It's not like I want to. I rolled my eyes and caught the end of Potter's stare. She gave me a look and turned back to the front. She's an interesting person.

Y/n P.O.V

I looked away as Mattheo stared at me. Why am I feeling flustered? I can like him, I'm a Potter and he was a Riddle. He's also annoying as fuck. Blaise snapped me out of my trance and point at the feast that had appeared in front of us. I dug in to my food and stared having a conversation with Blaise, receiving confusing looks from the others by laughing at our inside jokes. While being with Harry and the Weasleys were nice, and I knew I was loved by them, I felt a stronger sense of belonging with my friends. I was glad to be back at Hogwarts. At home.