Chapter 5

A/N - These chapters don't fully follow the order of events in the Prisoner of Askabaan and some facts about Sirius Black may be different from the original story 'cause I want it to go a little faster and this works better with my timeline. Sorry if it confuses you but hope this helps. 

-Y/N P.O.V-

I woke up with a start and jolted upright. Scanning my surroundings, I realised I was in the hospital wing. 

Why am I in the hospital wing? What happened? 

"You fainted Potter."

I jumped.

"FUCK ME! Merlin's Beard. What the fuck?!"

I saw Mattheo sitting on a chair next to my bed, a concerned look on his face.

"Sorry Riddle. I didn't realise I wasn't alone. But you do need to stop doing that, reading my mind and just bringing up what I'm thinking about, it's creepy"

"Noted. You alright?"

I nodded and shifted up to lean against the head board of my hospital bed. I realised Mattheo was the only one with me which was confusing. I thought at least Blaise would be here, definitely didn't think Mattheo would be her, but whatever. At least I'm not alone.

"Not to be rude but... Where are the others?"

"They're at the Quidditch game, Gryffindor vs Slytherin. Got a stand in seeker for you cause you know. You've been knocked out for like four days. That dementor really fucked with your head."

I froze. 

Dementor? Quidditch Match? FOUR DAYS?! I'VE BEEN UNCONSCIOUS FOR FOUR DAYS?! 

I started to hyperventilate and grabbed at my bed sheets. Mattheo started up and grabbed my hand. I started to cough from the hyperventilation and doubled over. Mattheo lifted up my head to look him in the eye and began speaking slowly and softly to me, trying to calm me down. 

"Potter. Calm down. You're ok. You were tired, which made you weaker to the Dementor. You needed the rest. That's what Madam Pomfrey said. You need to calm down."

I managed to stop coughing but I was still having trouble breathing. Each short breath was a stab to my lungs and I started to panic again. Mattheo realised I was still having a panic attack and lifted my head up to help me breath. After a few minutes I managed to calm down and took a sip of the water on my bedside table. Mattheo sat back down on his seat. We remained silent for a few minutes until Madam Pomfrey came over. 

"I heard yelling, is everything alright?"

I stayed silent from embarrassment and the fact that I was still trying to fully catch my breath so Mattheo spoke up for me. 

"Everything's fine. Potter just had a bit of a panic attack when she woke up. Just shocked about what happened."

I felt my face turn red but Madam Pomfrey gave me a sympathetic smile.

"That's completely normal, happens to more people than you think, but it's alright. Glad you're awake. Your friends and brother will be very happy about the fact you woke up."

Mattheo smirked but hid his mouth with his hand to avoid laughing. Madam Pomfrey took my glass to refill it and I asked Mattheo why he was laughing. Or tying not to laugh.

"When you were first admitted we were all here and a little fight broke out between your brother, Ron Weasley and Malfoy. Everyone ended up pulling out there wands and we all got kicked out. I was the only one who was allowed back in because I was the only one who did fight. So I've been on check up and update duty."

I laughed, knowing that was the most likely to happen, and leant back onto the bed. Suddenly the door banged open and a group of people came through the door. 

"What the hell is that?"

Mattheo got up.

"I'll go check, stay here."

I reluctantly agreed, I didn't quite like being told what to do, and Mattheo went off to follow the group. After a few minutes he came back.

"Ok so that was your brother. He came in contact with a dementor, fell off his broom, and got hit by a bludger. He's ok. He didn't hit the ground, he got caught by the Weasley twins."

I jumped up, out of bed, and rusted to where a group was crowed. Mattheo groaned and followed. I pushed through the small crowd and saw Harry lying there with a big bruise on his forehead. 

Merlin's beard Harry, without fail every single year.

Time Skip

I was sitting in an arm chair next to Harry's bed when he woke up. We were laughing about the fact he always got a quidditch injury when Dumbledore came in. He spoke to us about Sirius Black and told us about how Sirius was falsely accused of the murders and imprisoned. He told us about Sirius Black's relationship with out father and the fact that he was our godfather. We sat in open-mouthed silence as he explained everything. Dumbledore finished his speech with this.

"Sirius Black was never here to hurt you two, despite what the Ministry and the papers say. He was here to meet you two, get to know you, and hoped he could maintain the relationship with you in memory of your father and the promise he made to him. I knew where he's hiding and I want you two to meet him. In memory of your father."

We were silent for a moment, both looking at each other with confused looks. Finally Harry spoke up.

"We had family other than the Dursleys?"

Dumbledore nodded.

"Yes you did. But we were unable to place you in his custody because he was in Azkabaan. I really wanted to keep you in a wizarding family or with a wizard care taker, because you had a right to know since birth, but that was never a possibility. "

"How can we meet him?"

Dumbledore pulled out a folded piece of paper and handed it to me.

"You will need to meet him here on your first Hogsmeade trip."

"But sir, the Dursleys didn't sign our forms. We're not allowed to go."

Dumbledore gave us a mischievous smile. 

"I believe the Weasley twins have a solution for the two of you."

With that he turned and left the Hospital wing.

A/N - Comment where you're reading this from :)