Chapter 16

Y/N P.O.V

I watched the dragon for a second until a fountain of fire and heat was pelted in my direction. I dived for the closest rock and waited for the death trap to stop. Once it did I ran. I jumped and grabbed the edge of a higher rock and dragged myself up, scrambling to pull my legs out of the way of the next geyser of fire. I took a second to scan my surroundings and spotted a glint of gold. The egg! I saw the dragon face me, nostrils flaring with rage and took a breath to send another ball of death at me. I looked around and grabbed at the edge of the stands. I pulled myself onto the railing and watched a the dragon speed towards me. What am I doing? What should I do? Jump Potter! Mattheo's voice rung through my head. What? Jump! I jumped. Straight towards the dragon NOT TOWARDS THE DRAGON POTTER YOU IDIOT! I squeezed my eyes shut and grabbed for something. I felt the worst burning sensation I had ever felt, then something cold and smooth. I opened my eyes to see the dragons horn right next to my head. I jumped on the fucking dragon. The dragon bucked and flailed to get me off and I felt my grip slipping. I watched for the egg and let go once I was above it, pulling out my wand as I fell.

'Wingardiom Leviousa!"

The egg floated up towards me and I grabbed it, curled up into a ball, and smashed into the ground. I heard someone scream, then silence. That silence was broken by a giant roar and I managed to slowly open my eyes. The dragon was hovering above me, about to realise a geyser of fire that will bring me death. POTTER! DO SOMETHING! My mind raised through every spell I had ever cast or read about. I reached for my wand, that had rolled away from me and managed to grab it just in time.

"Protego Totalum..."

A wide shimmering blue sheet covered me just as the fire hit. I lay there, watching the world around me blur and fade in and out of view. The dragon started banging on the shield and I saw the edges beginning to fade. I managed to pull myself up to a seating position and casted one more spell.

"Stupify..."

Nothing happened.

"Stupify!"

A bright white light flew out of my wand with a crack and hit the dragon. It froze in the air, as if it had been paused, then fell to the ground. As it hit the rock, everything shook. Well Played Potter... I slowly attempted to get to my feet but fell back onto my knees. I felt a like I was about to be sick. I heard footsteps and saw McGonagall, Snape and Dumbledore running up to me. Heh, dream team. I attempted to get up again but my body gave in to the sick feeling and I started to throw up a mixture of blood and my breakfast.

"Ms Potter!"

Snape's face was the last thing I saw as I faded out of consciousness.

Matthew P.O.V
"It's been two days."

I leant back and glanced at Potter.

"It's alright Po- Harry, she'll be up soon."

Harry sighed and rubbed his temple.

"What was she thinking? I mean, jumping onto of a dragon. She legit set her leg on fire and gave herself a concussion."

"I can't believe it's her first concussion."

"It's not. But it's probably one of her worst. She was thrown off a dragon into a rock, that definitely isn't a 'light concussion."

"No..."

I got up and grabbed my stuff.

"I should go, I have homework I need to finish. Sorry."

"It's fine. Thanks for being here. I'll try to tell you or someone,"

He waved his hand vaguely,

"When she wakes up."

"Thanks Harry. See ya."

Harry waved and I walked out of the hospital wing. What were you thinking Potter? That was like a certain way of killing yourself and you went for it. I walked outside and flopped down on the grass. I pulled out my homework and began to write, trying to distract myself.

"Mr Riddle, why are you doing your homework on the grass?"

I looked up to see Mad Eye Moody standing next to me.

"I just wanted a bit of fresh air."

"Right, and how is Ms Potter?"

"She's getting better. I think. She hasn't woken up yet."

"I see, well I should go and visit her and Mr Potter. Good luck with your homework."

Mad Eye began to walk away but stopped.

"Oh, Mr Riddle. Do use that gift you have well. It can be very beneficial to a cause you support."

With that, he turned and walked off. What the fuck? How does he know? What did he mean by-. I sighed and turned back to the piece of parchment in front of me. I began to write, but my mind mulled over a million different thoughts. What did Mad Eye mean? How does he know? What was Potter thinking? Will she be ok? What if she doesn't wake up? After a while I stopped. I couldn't deal with my thoughts and my work. I had gotten through everything that was due tomorrow so I gave up and headed back to the common room. As I entered Blaine ran up to me, the others looking at us with hope.

"How was y/n?"

"Still hasn't woken up."

Blaise's shoulders deflated and the others look disappointed.

"Harry will let us know if she wakes up before we can visit her tomorrow."

Blaine nodded and we walked back to the group, taking seats in the empty gaps. Everyone started talking about what the next task could be and how we could help her through it but I remained quiet. I was mulling over everything that had happened in my head. Mad Eye definitely had something to do with the fact the Potter's were a part of this tournament. But I couldn't figure out how.

A/N - Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, also I know the hospital wing has been a very common setting in this story but I like injuring my characters cause it makes is interesting anyway, thanks for reading