Chapter 8

A/N - Sorry for the inconsistent updates by I'm at school and school work is a bitch but I'll try to update when I can :)

Y/N P.O.V

I lay over the edge of my bed, listening to Pansy gush about her date with Blaise. 

"I can't believe this is finally happening!"

She squealed, pulling her pillow to her face and I laughed. 

"You have to tell me all about it when you get back, spear no detail... Unless it's boring."

"I will. It's a shame you can't come down to Hogsmeade, but I'm sure you'll be able to next year."

I hadn't told anyone else about the plan to sneak out to Hogsmeade so I looked away and feigned disappointment.  

"Yeah, shame..."

Pansy gave me a sympathetic look and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't give me that look of pity. It's just a day trip, it doesn't mean that much."

Pansy nodded and we both heard a light bump on the door. I got up and walked to the door to see a note that had just been slipped under. I picked it up and recognised the scratchy handwriting.
To Pansy <3
I rolled my eyes and handed the note to Pansy. She read it and squealed as I flopped back onto my bed and shoved my hand under my pillow to find my book. I felt something cold and metallic next to my book. I pulled it out and saw the golden snitch in my hand. Pansy was too distracted to notice so I examined it closely. It was a regular golden snitch, not like the one we play with, it was a jewellery box. I had seen on like it in a thrift shop in Diagon Alley but didn't think anything of it. I opened it slowly and saw a dark ring. It had a thin black band with small fire black opals embedded in the band. As my hands brushed the ring, I felt a sharp, stinging pain in my head, a pain, I knew, meant something sinister. 

"What the fuck..."

I muttered, but Pansy didn't hear me. I noticed the corner of a piece of paper and lightly tugged on it to pull out a small note. 
My soul may be contained but my terror will live on. 
I got up and left the dorm, looking for Mattheo. I knew who's ring this was and I didn't appreciate the fact he'd left it under my bed. I knocked on the dorm to the boys' dorm and Mattheo opened the door.

"What's up Potter?"

"What. the FUCK is wrong with you!?"

Mattheo stumbled back slightly, not expecting my yell, and the others in the dorm whipped around to watch. 

"What?"

"Don't play dumb with me Riddle. You left this fucking ring in my dorm as some sort of sick joke. You're a fucking dickhead. Why did I EVER try and give you a chance."

"What are you talking about...?"

"This you fucking dickhead."

I threw the snitch box at his head and he caught it before it could cut him. Draco ran forward and got in between us to prevent any fight from breaking out.

"It's a fucking snitch, what's wrong with it?"

"OPEN IT YOU DUMBASS! YOU'RE HONESTLY TRYING TO PLAY DUMB?!"

Mattheo opened it and his face fell. 

"Potter... I-"

"Don't. Don't talk t me again. I don't wanna hear it."

Draco noticed the ring and turned to me.

"Potter, hear him out please."

"No. Not now."

I turned and saw Pansy, she had clearly followed me when I left the dorm. She looked at me in horror and confusion and I just pushed past her. She didn't follow me, no one did. Clearly everyone had already picked sides. They where all probably involved. I should have stayed with Harry. I slammed my dorm door shut and crawled under my bed. It was my favourite place to hide and I knew Pansy would come back eventually and I didn't want to talk to her. I curled up under there and felt tears stinging my eyes. They were my friends, I trusted them, and they decided to pull a sick prank on me. The way Voldemort effected me was different to Harry. It was more life threatening and they knew that, but they still decided to pull that. I was never going to speak to them again.