Chapter 3

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ Mentions of SA - If this is triggering or uncomfortable in anyway scroll down past the flashback or continue onto the next chapter. Take Care :)

Y/n Flashback

It was dark, quiet, creepy. I slowly walked through the alley way, continuously looking behind my shoulder to make sure no one was following me. 

"What's a precious little lady like you doing walking down this alley way alone?"

I jumped and turned to see a large man in front of me. He towered over me, slowly creeping towards me. I scurried backwards and hit a wall. Shit, shit, shit, SHIT, SHIT! The man walked towards me and grabbed my waist. I screamed but the man put a hand over my mouth.That's when it happened. It had blurred from my mind, the one thing I was grateful for. I was left on the ground, injured and scared. I tried to get up but fell back on my face. I was on my hands and knees and looked up to see a black shadow above me. It started to grown, enveloping me inside it, my body started to sting and I screamed in pain. Then the shadow evaporated and I saw Dudley, looking scared and worried, pulling off his jacket and putting around my shoulders. For once I had never been so happy to see Dudley. Then everything went black.

Y/n P.O.V

I jolted up in a cold sweat and looked around frantically. The shapes and shadows of my dorm room came into view and I took a deep breath. I sat there for a moment, listening to Pansy's soft snores and the breeze blowing the curtains around, and started to tear up. Shuddering, I decided to go get some water from the kitchenette in the common room. I got out of bed and tiptoed to the door, making sure I didn't wake up Pansy. Closing the door as softly as I could behind me, I walked down the stairs and entered the common room. I saw a figure sitting on the sofa next to the fire place and froze. 

Who was that? 

My nerves were still heightened from the flashback nightmare so I pulled out my wand, ready to hex whatever monster was in that sofa. The figure stood up and turned to reveal... Mattheo? I lowered my wand and sighed. Of course it would just be him sitting in the dark of the common room at 2 o'clock in the morning. I put away my wand and walked past him to the kitchenette. I grabbed a cup and filled it with water. Mattheo came up behind me and watched at the water filled the cup.

"What do you want Mattheo?"

"Just wondering what you're doing and why your eyes are red, like you've been... crying?"

"Wow, didn't know Riddle was a detective, guess it's in the name. I'm just getting water. What are you doing out here?"

"I wanted to read and the light would've woken up my dorm mate."

"How considerate of you."

I turned off the tap and walked back to the staircase. Mattheo walked back to the sofa and took a seat, picking up a book. I stopped for a second and sighed. 

The GODDAMN Potter niceness. FUCKING WHY! 

"Hey Mattheo. Make sure you get at least a little sleep. Otherwise tomorrow will be a nightmare for you"

Mattheo turned to look at me, a little shocked, and nodded. 

"I will. Goodnight Potter."

"Night Riddle."

I continued up the stairs and returned to my room. 

Why was I trying to be nice to Riddle. He doesn't care about me and I shouldn't care about him.  

I lay awake in bed for an hour before my brain relaxed enough for me to got to sleep.

Mattheo P.O.V