Chapter 12

Y/N P.O.V

We arrived at the Burrow later than expected, it was like 10:30, and we where given dinner and sent to bed. I flopped onto the extra bed that had been put in Ginny's room and stared at the celing.

"Hey, y/n."

"Yeah Gin?"

"Is your head ok? What's with the massive bangade?"

I paused, the Weasley's didn't know what was going on at home. No one outside that house did.

"I fell down the stairs. Tripped on the cat and fell down."

"You have a cat?"

Shit. Well they'll never visit so it doesn't matter. 

"Yep, we adopted an older one from a shelter during the holidays."

"Cool. Well, hope you're ok."

Ginny smiled then grabbed a book off her shelf. I got up and headed to the bathroom to check on my head. I ran into Harry on the landing.

"What are you doing? I thought Ron's room was downstairs."

"It is, I was just delivering something from Mrs Weasley."

"Oh cool,"

I lowered my voice.

"Also I told Ginny that we adopted an old cat from a shelter so if she asks just go with it."

"Why did you do that?"

"To explain my head injury without telling the truth. I said I tripped over it, fell down the stairs and hit my head."

"Did she believe it?"

"Yep."

"Fine. What type of cat?"

"Uhhhh- A tabby. A 12 year old tabby cat."

"Merlin's beard you make detailed lies. Well ok. We now have a 12 year old shelter tabby cat."

"Bingo. Now I need the bathroom, see ya."

Harry shook his head, laughing slightly, and walked off. I entered the bathroom and unwrapped the bandage from my head. The cut was deep and still bleeding slightly. I knew I needed stitches, or whatever the wizard equivalent was, and I'd probably have another head scar that cut through my eyebrow, which is great. I wrapped the cut back up and went to find Mrs Weasley. I found her in the living room, sitting in a large armchair, knitting. She noticed my and her face crinkled in the comforting smile that always put me at ease. 

"Hello, Y/n dear. Are you alright?"

"Um- not really. I... I accidentally cut myself yesterday and I don't think it's gotten better. 

Mrs Weasley put down her knitting and came over to my.

"Well that's not good. Come, we'll go to the kitchen and see what we can do."

I followed Mrs Weasley to the kitchen and was met with the twins stealing food from the pantry.

"Boys!"

"Sorry mum!"

The twins replied in unison and bolted. Mrs Wesley shook her head and gestured my to sit in a chair.

"Now let's see that cut."

Mrs Weasley unwrapped the bandage on my head and gasped. 

"You poor dear, how did you get that?"

"I fell down the stairs."

Ms Weasley gave me a knowing look, but nodded and started tending to my cut. After a minute it was all healed up and a new, larger scar was embedded on my forehead. I went back upstairs, flopping on the bed I had been given, and stared at the celling. I was excited about the quidditch world cup but was dreading going back to school. My friends would ask what happened and I couldn't lie to them. I'd tried before and they found me out pretty easily. I guessed if I had Harry going along with the lie, I would be fine. I sighed and rolled over, letting myself fall asleep.

TIME SKIP - BACK AT SCHOOL

A/N - What happened at the Quidditch World Cup in the book and movie happened here I'm just not bothered to write it :)

I sat in the common room flipping through the book on quidditch, the Weasley had given me for my birthday. I had avoided the group on the train by finding a compartment at the back where they wouldn't look for me. I had sat alone, finally having some time to decompress. 

"There you are y/n!"

I jolted up to see the group heading towards me. I adjusted my hair to hide the scar and smiled as they all sat down. They all seemed oblivious to my action but Mattheo gave me a weird look. 

"Where were you on the train?"

"I wanted to sit alone. Sorry. Just last term and the holidays were a rush and I hadn't had any time to myself. Sorry, I should have told you guys."

Blaise shrugged and patted my back. 

"No problem dude. Anyway, you didn't miss much. Now, did you hear what happened at the  World Cup?"

Draco smirked.

"Did I hear? Dude I was fucking there."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, I went with the Weasleys. It was a nightmare. I almost got attacked by Ministry officials cause they thought Harry and I cast the dark mark. Like we'd be the ones to do that."

Everyone laughed and Mattheo leant back against the seat.

"You are the least likely in this group to cast that mark. Wouldn't it cause you immense pain or some shit?"

"Yep."

We all laughed and kept talking, coming up with theories and poking fun at Draco and Mattheo. After a while everyone began to feel sleepy and we all started heading up to our dorms. I went to follow Pansy when Mattheo grabbed my wrist. 

"Hey y/n, can I talk to you for a second?"

"Sure, I'll meet you in the dorm Pansy."

Pansy nodded, yawning, and walked off. Mattheo pulled me to the side were no one could see us.

"You ok Potter?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm just a bit worried about the fact you have a new scar on your head."

"W... What are you talking about?!"

SHIT SHIT SHIT! 

"You know what I'm talking about Potter. What happened?"

I froze.

"Um... I tripped over the new cat my Uncle and Aunt got and I hit my head on the banister."

Great, you sound like the liar you are. Well it sound better than saying 'my uncle threw me down the stairs and tried to kill me cause my cousin burnt his hand. 

Mattheo's face darkened.

"He did what?!"

Shit. He can read my mind. 

"Yeah I can Potter. What the fuck is going on at home?"

"Nothing of your concern Riddle. What happens at my house is my issue, NOT yours."

"Well it becomes mine when you're getting severely injured! Do you not realise you have friends who want to see you safe, uninjured and ALIVE?!"

I stopped. I knew what he was saying but it wasn't the same. It's not as easy as he thinks.

"Look. I'm fine. I have Harry. I know you guys are concerned but this was one time. Now if you'll excuse me, I want to go to bed. Goodnight Mattheo."

  With that I turned and walked off. As I left I heard Mattheo mutter,

"Well played Potter, finding the easy out."