Chapter 14

Y/N P.O.V

Just my luck. Fucking dragons. 
I watched with Harry as a group of people ran around, putting out fires and trying to calm the massive scaly beast, who clearly wasn't very happy about being stuck in a cage. Hagrid came over to us after talking to Madam Maxine and started to nudge us out of the forest. 

"What the fuck Hagrid?! Why do they think it's a good idea to make kids fight dragons?"

"Watch y're language. I don't know what they were thinking. But I wanted to give ya two a heads up 'cause ya have a disadvantage."

"Thanks Hagrid."

Harry smiled as we ducked behind a thick shrub of bushes and pulled off the invisibility cloak. We hurried back to the castle, discussing what we would do to survive a dragon. 

"We should talk to Hermione and Ron. They'll have answers."

"And Blaise and Malfoy. They know a lot about dragons."

Harry hesitated for a second, but nodded and we kept on to the castle. We arrived at the Gryffindor common room and Harry handed me the invisibility cloak. We said Goodnight and I pulled the cloak over me, running down the stairs and through the hallways. I stopped as soon as I go to the common room entrance. I saw Snape, glaring at Professor Moody. There was no way I was getting past them without being noticed. 

"You can't pretend forever. Someone will find out."

"Oh but I can Sevorus. I just have to make sure the Potter twins make it to the final task, which will be easy."

"I won't let you."

"Aww, of course you won't. Cause of Lily."

I froze. What does my mother have to do with this? What are they talking about?

"You care too much about those two. Just because of your feelings for Lily."

Snape clenched his fist and leaned closer to Moody.

"I have warned you. Take my threat into account or not. You have been warned."

With that Snape walked off and Moody was left standing, a shocked look on his face. Moody shuddered and hobbled off in the opposite direction, towards me. I pressed myself against the wall and held my breath. Moody walked past me and stopped, looking around. I flinched slightly and accidentally knocked the edge of a painting next to me. Moody stared at me for 10 seconds. He sighed, muttered 'I'm paranoid', and walked off. I let out a sigh of relief and quickly scurried into the common room. I pulled off the cloak and flopped onto one of the couches. 

"Welcome back Potter."

I jumped and saw Mattheo sitting across from me with Theo and Malfoy. I rolled my eyes and  stood up, joining Mattheo on the floor. 

"Hey, whacha doing?"

Theo handed me a piece of paper. On that paper was a long list of different tasks that would possibly be put in the Triwizard Tournament. 

"We've been researching what tasks they might make you do so we can be prepared."

"Oh... Well thanks but... I... know... what my task is."

The three boys looked at me in disbelief. 

"What- how did you figure it out?"

"Hagrid took me and Harry to see what is was."

"Well... what is it?"

I paused, mulling over if I should tell them. Eh. Mattheo would find out anyway 

"Something to do with... Dragons..."

"DRAGONS?!"

Mattheo looked a me in disbelief. Theo looked very confused.

"Isn't it illegal to bring dragons into the country? And it's cruel to fight them for sport."

I shrugged and lay down on the floor. 

"I guess cause it's the Ministry it doesn't matter."

The three nodded in agreement and Malfoy began to pack up his stuff.

"I'm gonna go to bed. We'll update Blaise and Pansy in the morning and work from there."

"Why weren't they down here with you guys?"

Mattheo flopped down next to me.

"Pansy fell asleep so Blaise took her to your dorm. Think he stayed with her."

I nodded and Theo and Malfoy left. I lay on the floor, next to Mattheo for a bit until he broke the silence. 

"Do you really think this is a good idea?"

I closed my eyes, the tired feeling I had been holding back hit me like a truck.

"It's not really like I have a choice. The cup is binding, meaning I have to do this."

Mattheo sighed and looked at the ceiling. 

"How do you think you'll get through a dragon?"

"I don't know..."

I stood up, stretched, and picked up the invisibility cloak. Mattheo pulled himself up and grabbed his stuff. I stood for a second, mulling over everything in my head. The weight of what was happening just hit me. 

"You ok Potter?"

"Yeah... I'm just resigning myself to the fact I'm gonna die."

"You won't die Potter. We'll help you."

I shuddered, but nodded and headed to my dorm.

"Night Potter."

"Night Mattheo."

I entered my dorm to see Pansy and Blaise, cuddled up with each other on her bed. I tiptoed past to the bathroom and got ready for bed. Hopefully sleep would help my mind calm.