Chapter 17

Matthew P.O.V
We sat at the table in the Great Hall, not fully paying attention to anything. Blaise was picking at his food and Pansy was fiddling with a strand of hair. No one really had an appetite. I sighed, stood up and walked over to the Gryffidor table. No one really noticed as everyone was too invested in talking about the next Triwizard Tournament task. I looked but couldn't see Potter anywhere. Granger noticed and waved me over.

"Hey Mattheo. I have a message for you."

"What?"

"It's from Harry. Y/n's woken up. She wants to see you guys."

"When did she wake up?"

"Just before dinner."

I nodded, thanking Granger, and ran back over to the others.

"Y/n's woken up. Come on."

Everyone stood up with a jump and we all ran out of the Great Hall. We all stringed past Filtch, who was talking to Mad Eye. I paused, hearing a fragment of the conversation.

"I know who you are Moody. Don't think you'll get away with this. Dumb ledger will find out."

"And why do you think he'll believe you, an old looney, squib, caretaker, over me? You won't win Filtch."

I didn't hear the rest as Blaise grabbed my arm and dragged me to the hospital wing. Before we could enter Madam Pomfrey stopped us at the door.

"Before you all come in her I would like to make it clear, ANY repeat of what happened last year and you will all be thrown out. Understand?"

We all nodded and Madam Pomfrey let us in. We saw Y/N, sitting against the head of her bed, cheerfully talking to Harry. She caught sight of us and she smiled sheepishly at Blaise's face.

"Well... I'm alive."

Blaise sighed and we, Harry included, burst out laughing. Blaise spent the next hour lecturing Y/N and we poked fun at both of them throughout.

"What were you thinking Y/N? You threw yourself off a fucking dragon!"

Y/N shrugged, shifted in her bed.

"I wasn't. I just went with it. Anyway, Mattheo told me-"

She paused, a look of realisation on her face. Draco coughed and she snapped back to us.

"Mattheo told you what?"

"He told me to go with what I thought would work."

I rolled my eyes, going along wither her lie.

"I meat what would work logically. Not throwing yourself onto a dragon you moron."

Y/N crossed her arms in a fake pout.

"Well you didn't specify."

"Do I really need to specify with you!?"

We all laughed and continued talking. After a while Madam Pomfrey came over.

"It almost time for you all to be in your dorms. All of you need to leave now but you can come back tomorrow."

Everyone nodded and got up to leave but Y/N held me back.

"Hey Mattheo, can I talk to you?"

I glanced and Madam Pomfrey and she nodded.

"I'll write you a note so you don't loose house points."

"Thank you Ms."

I sat back down and Y/N adjusted her glasses.

"Can you, share, your ability?"

"What do you mean?"

"If you use it on someone often, can you give it to that person?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"Well, for of my life, I could hear Harry's thought but I thought that was just a 'twin thing'. But, when I was fighting the dragon, I heard you. But it's only been the two of you."

"You must of always had the ability, you just hadn't fully... unlocked it yet."

Y/N nodded but didn't seem convinced.

"I'll look into what could be happening, but don't worry, I'm sure it's nothing."

Y/N nodded and lay back in her bed. I got, pulling the chair back to the corner where I got it from.

"Night Potter."

"Night Riddle."

Madam Pomfery handed me the pass and I left the hospital wing.

Y/N P.O.V
I lay in bed, thinking of what could be happening. It could be the people I'm close to. But then why wouldn't I be able to hear Blaise's thoughts? Why Mattheo? I'm closer to Blaise than I am to Mattheo... Merlin's bear my head hurts. I felt the pain medication wear off and I groaned in pain. Madam Pomfrey came over and gave me a small capsule.

"This will help you through the night. Try and get some sleep."

I swallowed it with a wince, it tasted disgusting, and gagged.

"Uh- I've been 'sleeping' for the past 4 days I think I'm good of a week."

Madam Pomfery giggled and pulled the curtains around my bed. It took a while but I eventually fell asleep, milling over what had happened.

A/N - Thanks for the comments you have been leaving because they're the funniest thing to read. :)